Facts 121-150

I haven't updated this in FOREVER! I should really get back into the habit. Enjoy the facts!

Fact #121
Disney once considered building a park dedicated entirely to villains called Dark Kingdom, which would have featured Maleficent's castle as its iconic centerpiece.

Fact #122
309 girls auditioned for the original Cinderella animated film.

Fact #123
You can get a free download of the software that created your favorite animated films. Pixar's 3D RenderMan and the 2D animation standard Toonz are both available online, which allows you to start making your own CGI with the same tools that created Futurama, Spirited Away, and Up.

Fact #124
Pulp Fiction was the first Miramax project to get the green light after the company was acquired by Disney in 1993 - so technically, Pulp Fiction is a Disney movie.

Fact #125
Pixar films all follow the same 22 rules of storytelling. #1 on the list is: "You admire a character for trying more than for their successes."

Fact #126
If Donald Trump wins the election, Walt Disney World has announced that it will close their "Hall of Presidents" attraction. 

Fact #127
More than 30 tons of vegetables and fruit are grown per year for restaurants on Disney property.

Fact #128
Expedition Everest represents the 16th man-made mountain Disney has built in a theme park since 1955.

Fact #129
The character of Powerline is a mixture of Prince and Michael Jackson and the costume is a parody of the yellow HazMat costumes worn by Devo Circa.

Fact #130
In the beginning/middle of the movie, when Simba and Nala are running away from the hyenas in the elephant grave yard, Shenzi nips at Nala, but Simba scratches Shenzi's nose, leaving a mark. Throughout the rest of the movie, there is no mark on her nose.

Fact #131
Nala's eyes change randomly from blue to green, and green to blue throughout the film.

Fact #132
The mischievous young puppy at the end of Lady & The Tramp is called "Scamp". He was featured in a children's book, a syndicated daily comic strip, and comic books, before starring in Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure. 

Fact #133
Rufus from Kim Possible was created because one of the executives took his daughter to the zoo and was intrigued by the naked mole rats.

Fact #134
The drops in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride were put in because the ride has to go underground to avoid hitting the Disneyland railroad tracks.

Fact #135
There's a scene in The Princess and the Frog where Louis the alligator pulls moss over his face which is the same as a scene in The Sword in the Stone where Madame Mim pulls her hair back to reveal a pig's face.

Fact #136
The Beaver character was effectively recycled as the Gopher in Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, right down to his whistling speech pattern. This voice was originally created by Stan Freberg who had a background in comedy voices. The demands of voicing the character proved too much, however, so Freberg eventually resorted to using a real whistle to capture the whistling effect. 

Fact #137
Walt Disney attended the same high school brought to fame by the TV show "Glee". He was a charter member of the Glee club of McKinley High School.

Fact #138
Patrick Warburton improvised when Kronk hummed his own theme song when he was carrying Kuzco in the bag to the waterfall. Disney legal department had Patrick to sign all rights to the humming composition over to them.

Fact #139
Snow White's Prince was originally intended to have a larger part in the film, including a dungeon scene with the Wicked Queen. However, this was cut down due to difficulties in animating a realistic male character. Eventually, the plot line originally created for The Prince was woven into Sleeping Beauty and given to Prince Phillip, who is in fact captured by the villain and has a dungeon scene.

Fact #140
Disney World's solar farm is a giant Mickey Mouse head.

Fact #141
The first Tinker Bell to glide down a cable from Matterhorn Mountain to Sleeping Beauty's Castle in 1961 was a 70 year old circus performer named Tiny Kline. At the end of her flight each night she had to crash into a mattress in order to stop! Since Tiny, there have been other Tinker Bells, and it is said that they, too, had to brave the mattress ending.

Fact #142
For Peter Pan, in compliance with the tradition of the stage version, the same actor, Hans Conried, performed the roles of both Mr. Darling and Captain Hook.

Fact #143
Inside Out is the fifth Pixar movie to feature characters that cry at one point in the movie, with the first four being Monsters, Inc., Toy Story 3, A Bug's Life and Brave.

Fact #144
Aurora is the first Disney Princess to be initially unaware of her identity as a princess, the second being Rapunzel.

Fact #145
 Lilo from Lilo & Stitch and Jenny from Oliver & Company are the few Disney characters who turn into a year old at the end in their movies. Jenny turns into 8 and Lilo into 7.

Fact #146
During the dinner scene in Inside Out which shows the inside of Riley's parent's heads, the family are eating Chinese takeout. Now, if you're really up on obscure Pixar in-jokes, you may recognise the logo on the boxes; it's actually a very long-running Easter egg. First seen in A Bug's Life as Manny's Chinese Cabinet of Metamorphosis, that brand of food box has appeared in Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc. and Ratatouille.

Fact #147
Snow White is the only Classic Disney Princess that we see praying.

Fact #148
Belle's blue and white dress and hairstyle were inspired by Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.

Fact #149
A model of the inside of Jim Dear and Darling's house for Lady & The Tramp was built as a guide for staging. 

Fact #150
Snow White is the only classic Disney princess who does not dance with her Prince.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!