Fear Games Season 2 Finale Q&A (Spoilers!)

If you have not read the season 2 finale, I strongly recommend that you leave this page right now and don't read ANYTHING below--there will be spoilers for sure. 

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Originally Fear Games was only supposed to be a miniseries, ending with season 1. What made you decide to continue?

I got the idea for season 2 shortly after I finished writing season 1. While I never intended to continue, this new story kept gnawing at my head until I finally gave in. I'm glad that I did. While season 2 was a bit rocky since I was trying to find my footing, I think people are going to really enjoy season 3. There's a much bigger story that I'm telling here.

Did you go into season 2 knowing that Daisy was going to be the new Fear Games killer?

100%. I came up with the killer before I even came up with anything else. Actually, that's sort of a lie. I didn't "come up" with the story. It just came to me, like a daydream. I didn't have much control over the new story that formed in my mind. I was simply writing what came to me.

Do you think people are disappointed by the Daisy reveal?

Not everyone is disappointed, that's for sure. Some people actually enjoyed it. I will say this--I think part of the reason people may be disappointed was her lack of time in the story, and I can completely understand that. Part of the problem was that when I wrote season 1, people started getting suspicious of Ryan very early on. Not that it was necessarily a bad thing, but I guess I didn't do a very good job at keeping it under wraps. I made all the clues that pointed to him a little too obvious, I think, and as a writer, I can admit that I probably could have written it a little better to make it more shocking. 

With Daisy, I made sure to give her only a few appearances in order to give it some shock factor. Another reason why I think people are upset is because it's similar to the Ryan thing--sibling goes off to college and comes back as the killer. To me it makes the most sense. That was your biggest clue, that she was in college. She never stole the Games--she created them. She was the one who gave Ryan the idea. She was the one who urged him to do the killings, and she wanted to be part of it, so when he kicked her off the team basically, the pissed her off. I think when readers get to season 3, they'll be more satisfied with how the story comes around.

One of the most shocking moments of the episode was the ending with Rachel, Haven, and Matt. They were the Masquerades all along. What does that mean for the story going forward? Were they helping Daisy?

I think that's everyone's big question right now--were they Daisy's helpers? If so, why? Rachel was a victim of the original Fear Games, so what gives her reason to help Daisy? As far as Haven, she was Damien's girlfriend, and Matt was Josh's love interest. There's something much bigger going on that I think people will really enjoy seeing unfold in season 3.

Was there significance to having Rachel do an Anti-Bullying speech at a middle school and her interaction with the girl?

I think it's more symbolism than anything. Has Rachel really changed? Has she changed for the better or has she completely given into the evil that lingers inside of her after the events with Ryan? That is up to the readers to decide for now, but you get a pretty good answer early on in season 3.

Was there significance of having Damien and Luke set up in machines that looked like crosses?

For sure. What it means, you'll have to read season 3 for. In the Bible, when Jesus was hung on the cross, it's always depicted that he had two other guys on both sides of him. There was an empty one intended for Josh. What all of that means you'll see later when you read season 3.

Now that Luke is dead, will that play any importance in season 3?

Yes, you actually get to meet his sister Leslie very early on. The first couple episodes. She wants answers about what happened to her brother.

Daisy didn't really seem to have much of a motive, which is an extreme opposite as to what you did in season 1. Why did you choose to not give her a motive?

I knew this question would come up, so I've been thinking about my answer for a long time. My main reason behind it was to raise a question. Are people born evil? Is it possible that some people, no matter what, are destined to be evil? People obviously tried to help Daisy. Some could argue that they should have tried harder, maybe kept her in St. Mary's longer. Other people could argue that nothing could stop her evil nature from taking over. It's a discussion I want to see among people. There's no clear answer. It's all about getting people talking about a topic that people have argued over for quite some time.

For some fans, Damien's sexuality has been sort of up in the air. Will we know for sure if Damien is gay or straight in season 3?

Wait for it.

How will Matt being a Masquerade affect Josh? At what point will Josh actually learn the truth?

I can't give too much away. I can say that Josh finds out pretty quickly, although someone else may find out before him.

Will Eden, Brandon, Haven, or any other characters have more development in season 3?

Oh yes, definitely. Two more point-of-views are being added to season 3--Eden and Rachel. Brandon, Damien, Haven, and even Layla, become more three-dimensional in season 3. Lots of things start happening. It's a very fast-paced season with very quick answers. Daisy being revealed as the killer is the tip of the rising action. The whole season will feel like one big climax, which is going to be a thrilling feeling.

What other things can we look forward to in season 3? Do you have the season planned?

When I came up with season 2, I sort of had an idea where it would go in season 3, and even had a few episodes roughly planned out. A few things changed, but not much. I came up with the ending I wanted to use for sure at the midpoint of season 2. I recently planned out all the episodes of season 3.

You can expect a lot of things. There will be a bloodbath. Season 3 has more deaths than season 2. You can also expect lots and lots of answers. Basically any question you've ever asked will be answered in season 3, whether directly or by assumption. It's going to be a crazy season, and the most shocking season yet. I've saved the biggest twist and the biggest ending for last. While season 3 only has 10 episodes, episode 10 is a three-parter that will all be uploaded the same day. It's titled "Tear the World Down." That's all I'll say for now.

And finally, is season 3 the last season?

Currently, I have no other seasons planned, so yes. It is potentially, and most likely, the final season.

Stay tuned for more episodes of Fear Games coming soon!