4

« Third Persons POV »

"Welcome to–Oh it's just you." (Y/n) smiled coldly. His brow raised,what the freaking nuggets has happened to the radiant and bubbly (Y/n)?

When he remembered. . .
Yesterdays event.

You see, yesterday he went to the humble coffee shop with a book on hand, making sure that (Y/n) will be the one to serve him, he wouldn't entertain waitresses if they approached him and that made (Y/n) snapped.

(Y/n) is busy like a bee yesterday, with lots of cakes to bake, lots of customers to tend. . .just loads of work to do.

But Gray wouldn't give a sh*t about it, he would dismissively snob other waitresses who would show off their dumplings towards him and ask if (Y/n) is now available.

And of course, Gray wouldn't be Gray if he wouldn't gave (Y/n) some puns and mocks while she's serving him his coffee, right?

He could see (Y/n) bubbling up with anger and just suppressing it, and that made him feel amused.

"Oy,why are you giving me that look?" Gray asked pointing at her face with a frown.

"None of your business." She curtly answered while wiping the table.

"Are you on your period or something?" Gray asked in the bluntest way possible. (Y/n)'s jaw dropped,this little piece of crap.

She angrily throw the damp rag on the table,which made Gray flinch.

"You-" she pointed at Gray's chest "Don't assume that every girl is on their period if they're on the worst of moods,it's just like assuming you're dead even when you're just freaking sleeping." She added and glared daggers at him.

"Woah!" Gray slowly raised both of his arms on a 'I surrender' manner, "I'm just kidding."

She rolled her eyes and muttered something, "The usual, color?"

His eyes widen, is she making him names? "Hey, don't call me that." He pouted sitting on his usual table.

"It's cute." She commented.

His eyes lit up."Really?"

"No."

"You're an idiot." He hissed, looking at the surrounding more carefully.

He felt something bad would happen, he scanned the place with his sharp eyes, cautiously looking out for something that might happen in a second.

"Mommy~I'm a hero!" A child came running around circles into where (Y/n) stood holding an object.

(Y/n)'s face shows two kind of emotions, uncertain and wonder.

"Sarah! That's a knife!" Her mom yelled and within a blink of an eye the child tripped from her own feet, making the knife she was holding fly in mid-air.

Things were going slowly, like how (Y/n)'s eyes widened in horror,nthe child flopping on the tiled floor with a loud thud and the mom who's in a panic attack.

Gray seems to foresee all of these things,and as fast as lightning, he threw the tablespoon towards the knife that was slowly pointing at (y/n) towards the wall.

It happened too quickly that even a blink of an eye would not even caught it. The utensil bang in the wall, the typical metal sound resonated.

All of the customers eyes widens, their jaw frantically dropped.

"I. . .I thought I'm done for." (Y/n) muttered and clutched her chest, her heart is beating rapidly. She thought she wouldn't see the sun ever again.

"Not on my watch." Gray butted in, smirking at her.

"How did you do that?" She ask confusingly, it just happen to quickly that even she just froze there.

He shrugged and drink a bottled water,"My order,please." He demanded,(y/n) bowed at him.
"Thank you,hypocrite." She managed to say and dash towards the kitchen.

He pursed his lips in a thin line and sighed,if his senses didn't react quickly (Y/n) would be stabbed.

He looked outside and stare at the clear azure sky,a sad smile tugging on his lips.

"Here." (Y/n) muttered putting the tray on his table.He look at the tray and to her back and forth.

"What?" She asked puzzled.

"I didn't ordered any cake." He stated pointing at the perfectly slice,white icing with strawberries on top cake.

"It's...It's my thank you gift for you," His pupils dilated for a moment before it went back to normal,'I was ought to do that'
A smirked started growing on his face. "But don't expect that I'll give you any special treatment even if you saved me." She added, looking away with dust of pink tinted on her cheeks.

He nods with agreement and started digging the cake."It's delicious." He couldn't help but say, it's bursting out with flavors, the ingredients are fresh and rich.

"Of course it is! I made it!" (Y/n) stated with her hands on the back of her hips.

Gray laugh and accidentally stared at her (e/c) eyes, he can't really look away. . .it's alluring.

He just look at her, admiring how beautiful her eyes,the way they glow with happiness or anger. It feels so magical to him.

On the other-hand (Y/n) thought of it in the wrong way, she thought he was judging her and as stubborn as she is,she look at his eyes as well.

Not with admiration but with determination.

They were staring for a minute but didn't even flinched.

"Um,excuse me?" A small voice stop them from their staring contest.

(Y/n) turned at the child's voice, putting her smile on."Oh,you're the girl who almost killed me earlier." She said casually.

Gray nearly dropped his jaw, she talked to the little girl like nothing happened.

"I'm sorry. . .I thought it was a wand," the little girl explained, unsteadily moving on her place.

(Y/n) nods and ruffled her hair,"Just don't do it again,okay?"

The little girl nods and ran towards her mom,the mom gave her an apologetic smile,which she answered with a slight nod.

"Oy, (Y/n)." The boss called, walking through where she at with an envelope on hand.

"Here." The boss gave her the brown envelope,and she confusingly stared at it.

"Do you want me to resign?" She asked nervously, she haven't even paid her rent yet!

"Just look at it will you?" The hot tempered boss said curtly.(y/n) rolled her eyes and peak through what's inside.

"It's money. . ." She muttered trailing off.

"The mom's child gave you a money as an apology." The boss explained and walked away.

(Y/n) look at Gray with a smile plastered on her face,now she can pay her rent!

Even if it really hurts her ego for people giving her money, she got no choice. She have to pay or else she'll be kicked out.

Gray look at her confusingly,he sip his latte and dared to ask one more time. "Are you sure you're not on the middle of mood swings?"