19

« Third Persons POV »

The next day Gray was getting more and more anxious, how can he explain the words he spoke when he didn't even knew what it meant himself?

He mentally groaned, a few minutes from now (Y/n) will wake up and teased him about his sloppy words.

"I'm such an idiot." He grunted. Why is this emotions flowing like waterfalls?

Man, this is pure hypocrisy.
He scratched his head vigorously and decided to cook for breakfast.

(Y/n) has a soft spot for bacon and toast, maybe she'll forgot all about it.

Maybe.

***

"So, Gray. . ." Before she can even finish her sentence Gray handed her the toasted bread glaze with cheese and bacon on top.

"I know you like this. Here." (Y/n) hesitantly grabbed the food and munched it slowly.

(Y/n) woke up minutes ago and he didn't hesitate to grab her away from her room and let her eat on his main kitchen that has a marble island on the side.

"Yummy." She muttered as she closed her eyes, too much exaggeration but it really did taste good.

"I know." He smiled as he scanned her face.

When she gulped it all off, she opened her mouth again, and as quickly as possible Gray handed her a glass of fresh milk.

She shook her head slowly and gestured him 'no'.

"What do you want, juice or coffee?" He asked as he stood up and grabbed both a bottle of orange juice and fresh brewed black coffee.

"Juice please." She answered and picked out another piece of toast.

It's impossible for Gray to know her favorite food because she's too picky, but low and behold here he is cooking her one of her favorites.

He poured down the juice on her glass, trembling.

"You okay?" She asked and nudge him slightly.

She enjoyed watching him tremble with anxiety and began to think about the things he had done—mostly said yesterday.

"For three days I only think of you. You. You. You."

Her cheeks flushed red upon remembering those words that made her heart thump faster and faster.

"I'm fine." He answered as he flopped down once again. Breathing more heavily this time. His heart was practically rebelling right now, he was so anxious.
Anxious to even look (Y/n) straight on the eye.

He was anticipating the future, a really bad and embarrassing one.

He knew that (Y/n) would laugh off all of his explanations and would exaggeratedly lay in the ground to make him feel more like a dimwit.

"Why are you so anxious?" She asked, quite worried than the last time she asked that question.

"Anxious? I'm not." He defended and shook his head.

"Oh really?" She asked smugly.

"Really!" He huffed as he drink his hot coffee.

"Then tell me the reason why you. . .you know."
She trailed off.

"What?" He damn knew what she meant, but there's nothing wrong playing dumb and innocent at once in order to protect himself and his feelings.

(Y/n) groaned internally, why is he making this so hard?

She breathed out oxygen and release it all at once,
"When you told me you only think of me for three straight days." She talk rather vastly.

He couldn't even fathom if she's saying it smugly or seriously, his own heart beat invaded his mind.

But really, why? He asked himself.

Maybe because he's an angel who shows mercy on people with the help of a deity.

Or because part of him was still a human.

He confusingly gave her a look that says 'I don't know' and she gave him a look of 'You should'

They're just staring at each other with a a bland look, a pregnant silence covered the whole area.

It was rather eerie and tense.
And Gray didn't like it one bit, so he, like an angel he is, broke the silence with an exasperated sigh.

"(Y/n)." He called out making the (h/c)-haired girl (e/c)-hues snap.

She was far too occupied with her own thoughts as well, she got this random feeling of anticipation and anxiety she didn't even thought she have.

It feels like she demands an answer from Gray and she expected it to be a good one.

"I really want to explain it to you but I can't." He explained truthfully. Shaking his head with dismay, truth be told, he really want to tell her his feelings, but right now is just–no.

She gave him a look of incredulity so he explained further, "If I know what that words exactly meant then I'll say it to you."

What is he saying?

He just splurged out the words without even know it's true definition? That's bullshit even a five year old wouldn't buy it.

She stood up from the chair she was sitting and slam her palms on the marbled table, this is the only question that she can process, "Are you toying me Gray?" She asked lowly that you can even call it as a mere whisper.

"What—No!" He yelled, what is she even implying?

"Wait—stop. Just stop." She glared.

"(Y/n) I—" he was cut off mid-sentence when (Y/n) look at him with incredulity. His eyes dilated for a moment before it went back to normal.

"Let me get this straight. You told me that you can't stop thinking of me but you, yourself don't even know what it really meant?" She spoke with convection in which Gray answers quickly with a nod.

She clicked her tongue with annoyance and raised her palms towards him and then she continued, "I have the answer Gray." as she fixed her excuse of a hair into a pony tail.

Gray looked at her expectantly.

She leered at him and spoke forlornly, "You're nothing but an imbecile, idiot, impudent man."