Chapter 3~ How To Live With A Certified Jerk.

Travis's POV,

I'm starting to regret helping this guy.
He was just down right rude and heartless.
We hardly spoke the entire walk back to my house, and when he said anything, it was either an insult or something else, none of it was nice.
What I learned about him was that he was the High Priest of O'khasis, whatever that means. But he never told me his actual name. Apparently it's some big title and he was one of the sons of the lord of the village. I pretended to ignore him but actually I was intrigued.
It took a while before we finally got back to my home. When we got inside I told him to sit in front into the fireplace while I lit it. (Forgetting the layout of Travis's house, forgive me!)
I walked to the other room and grabbed some bandages, rags, and some alcohol for the wound. I walked back into the main room to see him huddled up in a ball, shivering slightly. I sighed and sat down next to him with the supplies. "Ok, I'm just going to clean and wrap the cut, just bear with me." I said. He nodded slightly. He looked to tired to argue back.
I took the alcohol and poured some on a rag. I turned his ankle slightly and pressed the rag against the gash. He hissed in pain and jerked back, but I kept a firm grip on the ankle.
He glared daggers at me and tried to pull away countless of times while I cleaned the wound. "Dammit, that hurts!" He exclaimed. "Well what was it supposed to do!" I snapped back, that shut him up quite quickly actually and he stayed silent the rest of the time while I wrapped the bandage around it.
"There I'm done, now, was that so bad?" I asked. He muttered something under his breath but I couldn't understand it. I stood up and walked into the other room again, putting up the stuff and grabbing some extra clothes. I walked back in there again and tossed the clothes at him. "You can get changed in that room back there." I said, pointing at the door I just came out of. He nodded and slowly stood up, wincing in pain. He limped slightly as he went into the room and slamming the door shut.
  I groaned and leaned against the wall. This guy was difficult, but I knew he had to have some humanity left in him. The door opened and I looked over. He walked out wearing the clothes I gave him. A light brown jacket with a white tunic, black pants and boots, which he hadn't put on yet. He still had his mask on, which confused me, how could someone still wear something like that when it was drenched in salt water, did he really not want anyone seeing his face?
  I turned my whole body to face him. "You never told me your name.." I said. He looked at the ground before answering. "Zane.." He muttered. "Nice to meet you formally, I'm Travis." I said.