Chapter 10~ Since when was he nice?

Travis' POV.

I have no idea what came over me, but I didn't mean to change into my demon form, the magic pulsing off of the portal forced me into it. But what's worse is that whenever I turn back to normal, I experience a little episode of just pure anger and I can't control it.

I honestly didn't mean to try and kill Zane, but it landed me in the dungeons of wherever this place was. I overheard some of the guards talking about executing me, which honestly I didn't care.

I sat in the corner of the small cell, my head down and my knees up to my chest. I was too into my thoughts that I didn't even hear the dungeon doors open.

"I'll take it from here, I don't need any escorts down here." A voice rang through the air. I lifted my head up when I heard footsteps stop in front of my cell. "Travis." A voice said. I looked and saw Zane standing right there. "Why are you even talking to me.." I asked, my voice little too harsh for my liking. "Because I can." Zane said. I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Listen, I didn't mean to try and kill you." I said. "Oh, I know." Zane said. "How?" I asked. "Oh, I know all about Demon Warlocks.. But you seem to be only half of one." Zane said. "Yeah.." I muttered. "So I know it wasn't your fault, but I'm going to help you escape." Zane said. "Why?" I asked. "Because I want to, okay?" Zane asked. I stayed silent. "I'm going to take that as a yes... so here's the plan, tomorrow night is a court my dad is going to be holding, so I'm going to sneak you by the guard that's most likely going to be asleep. I'll take you up to my room where you can get a rope and climb out the window." Zane explained.

"Won't a guard catch us?" I asked. "No, a lot of them are idiots, they won't even notice you're gone." Zane said. "Thank you.." I said, standing up. Zane nodded. "You're welcome.." He said. I walked up to the cell bars and looked at him. I took his hand a placed a small kiss on it. "I'll see you tomorrow then." I said. Zane blushed. "Yes, you will.." He said before running off, flustered.