Chapter 12~ Run away with me?

Zane's POV

"Travis I.."

"Zane please..." Travis looked down at me with a spark of hope in his eyes. "I.. Can't.." I said. Travis's expression dropped to sadness which filled me with guilt.

"Wh-Why not?" He asked. "I-I can't leave O'khasis.. Not now.. Too many people are against us and I need to stay to make sure.. Nothing happens.." I said. "And with Tu'la apparently staging an attack-"

"I understand.." Travis said. "Tr-Travis I'm so sorry.." I said. "It's fine.. I should've known.. You're the son of the lord, your village needs you.." Travis said, looking away. "It was selfish for me to ask.." He muttered.

"No it wasn't.." I paused to let out a sigh. "Just too much is happening.. I wish you could stay here but.. The guards would catch you.."

Travis cut me off by wrapping me in a warm embrace. "I said I understood.. I just don't want to leave you.." He said. Hesitantly, I wrapped my arms around his chest, seeing as I was way shorter than him.

"I know but-" I was cut off by shouting of the guards from the hallway. "You need to go.." I said. "Zane-"

"Now!" I yelled. "Listen, when you get settled, send me a letter and we can visit each other.. but for now you can not be here!" I exclaimed.

I started to push him but he stopped me. "What the hell are you-" He cut me off by kissing me deeply. I gladly returned it.

We pulled away after a bit. "Okay, I'll go now.." He smiled at me before going to the window. I watched as he closed his eyes, his sling turned gray and the horns reappeared on his head. What he did next scared me, he jumped straight out of the window in a diving sort of form.

I yelled out and ran over there, peering at the ground. I saw him fall but at the last minute he slowed and floated to the ground. "I'm good!" He yelled, turning back to normal. I sighed in relief and gave one last wave before pulling the makeshift rope up and closing the window.

I put the sheets back on my bed and tried as hard as I could to push the trunk to its original position.

Right as I did two guards came in. "What?" I asked, mildly annoyed. "I'm so sorry to intrude milord, but one of the inmates had escaped, have you seen him?" One of them asked.

"..No, I haven't.." I lied. The guard simply nodded and they both walked out.

I couldn't help but smile sadly to myself before staring out the window. I could barely see Travis's figure disappearing in the forest.

~~~

Huehuehue.. Oki so the epilogue is next.. So yeah.. But I wanna write a new fanfic so.. Any ship ideas? Please? Anyways I hope you guys have a great day and happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

Byeeee!