Chapter 9~ O'khasis.

Zane's POV.

I fell out of the portal and Travis fell on top of me. We were both back to our normal forms but he was still way stronger than me. He pushed down my arms on the ground to the point where I thought they were going to break. I looked up at him in fear.

"Please, don't hurt me!" I exclaimed, mentally slapping myself. Begging for mercy is the coward's way out. Travis stared down at me, his emerald green eyes, cold. He let go of my arms and I thought he was letting me go. But I was wrong.

He clamped his hands around my neck, squeezing. I gasped for air and tried to pry his hands off of my but nothing happened. "S-Stop!" I choked out. I tried so many times to gasp for air but nothing worked as he kept slowly choking the life out of me.

My vision started to blur and I felt myself slowly slipping. It wasn't long before I passed out from Oxygen loss.

~~~

I woke up, not bothering to open my eye. I must be dead, and if that's the case.. I must be in the Nether.

I finally opened my eye and looked around. I wasn't in the nether.. I was in.. my old bedroom? How is this possible, I thought I was dead, and how did I get to O'khasis in the first place?

I sat up and pulled the white blanket up to my chest. Just then the bedroom door opened and a short maid walked inside. "Oh, Milord you're awake." She said. "Um.. yeah.." I said. "What happened?"

"Oh, you don't remember? The guards found some white haired man trying to kill you right on the streets in the beggar's district, they took him away.. But I have to ask, Milord.. where have you been all these years?" She asked. My eye widened. "Wait, how long have I been gone?" I asked. "A couple of years.. you disappeared right after the news of the boat crash came back, everyone assumed you were dead along with the rest of the crew." The maid said. "What about Travis?" I asked.

"Oh, the white haired man? They took him to the dungeons.." She said. "And what will become of him?" I asked. "He will be executed in a fortnight.." The maid said. "Why?" I asked. "For attacking a member of the Ro'Maeve family, now if you excuse me I have other chores to attend to, I'll be taking my leave now.." She said before walking off.

I sighed and laid back down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. Travis would be killed in two weeks and deep down I knew I couldn't let that happen.

I had to stop the execution.