Chapter 7~ Putting the plan into the place.

Zane's POV.

  It was a few weeks later and I was mostly healed, and that meant I had to get ready to leave, and soon. I've already been here too long, I was starting to feel. Like, I was laughing more around Travis and generally feeling more happy, if that makes sense. But I didn't want that to happen, so yeah, I knew I had to leave soon.

  It was early in the morning and Travis wasn't in the house so this was my time to strike. I got changed into my regular O'khasis robes and ran down to the room where I saw the amulet. Surprisingly the door was unlocked, what idiot has an incredibly powerful amulet but leaves the door unlocked. I scoffed and walked inside and straight over to the box, opening it and snatching the amulet, putting it in one of my pockets with the rest.

  My heart was beating a mile a minute and I rushed out of the house, ready to get off of the damned island. I was at the edge of the woods, about to run in when I heard my name.

"Zane?" I spun around to see Travis sitting in a pond, most likely trying to get clean, seeing as he had no clothes on. "What?" I hissed. "Where ya goin?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Just for a walk." I said, through gritted teeth. "Oh, okay, watch out for wild animals." Travis said, sinking down in the water a little bit. "I think I can handle myself, thank you very much." I spat before turning on my heels and walking into the woods.

I had found a clearing that would be perfect for the portal, so I held up the four amulets I had and started to chant.

The wind started to pick up and it got noticeably colder. I flash of light blinded me and I squeezed my eyes shut. "ZANE!?" I heard someone yell. I spun around to see Travis with a half angered and half confused expression plastered on that stupid face of his.

Ah, there's the me I know and love..

Still I held up the amulets to the ritual wouldn't be messed up. "Get away!" I screeched. "What the hell are you doing!?" He asked. "I said get away!" I yelled again.

The wind blew my hair all around, probably uncovering the other half of my face, but I didn't care at the moment. I spun around again to see a portal standing right in front of me.

I reached my hand out towards it, about to go in but suddenly I was shoved by a force, I tumbled into the portal and everything went black.