Chapter 8~ You know you messed up when he breaks out the demon form..

Zane's POV.

My eyes fluttered open but I instantly shut them again when I was met with a bright light. I heard groaning from beside me and I slowly opened my eyes again to see Travis. I looked around and gasped. It worked, I was in the Irene dimension. I stood up and took a second to take it all in.

I looked back down at Travis and my mouth fell open. He seemed taller, and his skin was a dark gray and two jagged black horns sat on his head. He opened his eyes and they were purple, not to mention his teeth looked sharp and pointed.

I shook my head and looked back up, my eyes traveled up some stairs and stopped when I saw a pedestal. There sat the Irene Relic, the thing I needed to unlock so much unknown power.

I started to run towards it but something tugged me back. I turned to see Travis who had a firm grip on the back of my robes.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, his voice dark and demonic. He picked me up off of my feet and slammed me down on the ground.

I sat there for a moment to catch my breath, and I looked up at him. Oh hell no. If it's a fight he wants, it's a fight he's going to get.

I stood up and took a step back, waiting to see if he was going to attack again, but he didn't. I closed my eyes and grabbed ahold of the cross necklace that was around my neck.

A searing pain flared up in me. I felt myself grow and I looked at my hands to see them turn completely black. My senses were heightened and I felt myself get more powerful with every second of transforming.

"AARRGGH." I screeched in pain as my transformation was complete. I summoned a black sword with a silver hilt in my hand. Travis also summoned his sword and we both took our fighting stances.

Travis attacked first, running towards me at full force, swinging the sword. I dodged it and swung back but he blocked it, causing the sound of metal to clash.

Travis took a step back and lunged for me again, managing to cut me in the arm. It didn't even sting so I tried attacking him again, but that bastard flew up off of the ground and levitated in the air. An old book appeared in front of him and it started to turn pages on its own.

A ball of fire appeared in Travis' hand and he threw it towards me. I ducked and did a back roll, right as it exploded in front of me.

I stood and bent my legs just a little before jumping up in the air and rocketing towards him. I aimed my foot right for his chest and kicked him there, he fell straight to the ground and the book disappeared. I floated down to the ground and stood in front of him.

"Give up yet?" I asked. "Hardly." He coughed up some blood before he got up. He ran towards me and I expected another weak strike from the sword, but he didn't. Instead he dropped the sword and grabbed my by the collar of my robes, kneeing me in the stomach and throwing me over his head, slamming me right on the ground at a force so powerful, it shook everything around us.

I felt something shatter in my pocket and small colorful shards fell out. Shit, the amulets broke. The wind started to pick up again and I looked back to see a portal there, the amulets breaking must have caused it to be summoned.

Travis grabbed a fistful of my hair and started to drag me towards it. "NO!" I screamed, looking back up at the relic that was still on the pedestal.

"THE RELI-" I started to say but I was cut off when Travis forcible threw me through the portal.