Epilogue~

Over the next eleven months, Travis did settle down in a nice cabin in the woods. He had built it himself seeing as he couldn't find a way to return to his home island.

He had sent Zane letter after letter. But he didn't know that Zane wasn't getting any of them. So he never wrote back.

Finally getting a little impatient, Travis decided to sneak into O'khasis himself to see Zane. But as he climbed up to the window, he saw that Zane wasn't in there, instead a young maid who was cleaning up a mess that looked like a struggle, with a sad look on her face.

Travis could hear screams of protest and some cheers from the Village's center, but he decided to leave before he got caught.

Little did he know, Tu'la actually did invade and captured the remaining Ro'Maeve family members. After Zane refused many times to talk, The King of Tu'la finally decided to sentence him to public execution in front of everyone in the center of town.

Travis didn't know this at all, so he would go on his days wondering whatever happened to Zane.

But after Zane was killed, he wasn't given a proper burial as the son of the lord normally would get.

Instead his lifeless body was dumped in a river right outside of town, and so his body floated on until one faithful day.

Travis was collected water for plants when he saw something weird. Deciding to investigate further, he walked closer to the weird object that was caught on a rock.

When he approached it, he almost screamed at the sight. It wasn't something, it was someone.

And that someone was indeed Zane Ro'Maeve. His hair dirty and matted. His mask torn into shreds and around his neck. Three long scratches on the side of his face were still bleeding as the blood slid down his face, which was paler than normal.

His blue and gray robes were splattered with blood and he looked as if he had been stabbed. His leg had been mutilated and the bone was clearly broken.

Travis trembled as he kneeled down next to Zane, gathering his limp body in his arms. Then he cried. Hot tears of guilt and sadness were streaming down his cheeks. He stood with Zane's body in his arms as he started to walk towards his house.

When he got there he carefully laid Zane against his house before grabbing a shovel.

Hesitantly, he started to dig a hole, six feet long and six feet deep. When he was done he walked back over to Zane. He picked him up again, surprised on how little he weighed.

Travis got to his knees in front of the hole he had dug. But before setting Zane in it he softly kissed him on the forehead. "I'm sorry.." His voice cracked before his softly dropped Zane in.

He stood up and started to cover the hole with dirt, all while crying.

~~~

It had been a few weeks since then, Travis had made a cross to put on the grave as a memory for the priest.

He had stuck it in the ground at the head of the grave before walking back around and plopping down on the ground right in front of it.

He couldn't help but chuckle sadly. "I feel so stupid.." He muttered. "I should've made you go with me that day.. And maybe you wouldn't be.." Travis took in a deep breath. "I'm so sorry.." He whispered. "I never got a chance to show you how much I really cared for you.." He covered his mouth as he took in another deep breath.

"Well I know one thing.." Travis paused for a moment and smiled weakly. "I did help melt that frozen heart."

The End.