Chapter 5~ Hunting.

Travis's POV.

I spotted a deer amongst the snowy trees, sniffing around the frozen ground. I quickly grabbed the bow that was on my back and nocked an arrow, aiming it straight at the bucks heart. I shifted slightly, accidentally knocking some snow into the ditch that was in front of me. The deer looked up and I froze, trying to make myself as silent as possible. He must have spotted me because he instantly dashed off. I groaned and tried to run after him but he was gone. I stood there, panting slightly, but fell silent when I heard soft chattering behind me.
I slowly turned around and there stood an Imp. A short, muddy brown pig-like creature that stood up on two legs. It had wings and horns, also a tail. It looked as if it was about to transform into a human form but before it could I grabbed my sword and sliced through it, making it disappear in a white cloud. I took a deep breath and I started to calm down. But only to panic again when I realized I was forgetting someone. Zane.
Dammit how do I always forget about him! I put my sword back into the scabbard and started to run through the forest. "Zane!?" I yelled, trying to get his attention from wherever he could have been.

Zane's POV.

I had finally gotten away from that psycho when he was distracted. So that's when I found this opening in the forest, it was fairly quiet so I sat on the ground leaning up against the tree. That's when I finally took out the book and flipped it open, looking over the pages, at the various pages of amulets, creatures, islands, basically crazy magic stuff like that, including spells and potions. I paused when I got to the page that had a picture of an amulet, it had a gold rim with a green center, it also had a silver chain on it and had powerful enchantments, this was the last amulet I needed, the others were in my other clothes, that's the main reason that I had refused to give them up to Travis.
I paused when I felt something poke into my side. I rolled my eyes and whispered a spell which took the invisibility off of my sword that I had also gotten off of the boat before Travis had gotten there. The Black sword appeared, connected to the belt that I had on. The hilt was jabbing uncomfortably in my side.
I adjusted it so that it was no longer bothering me, and returned to my book. I looked up again when I heard soft footsteps, at first I thought it was Travis but the footsteps were way too light to be his. I stood up and put my hand on the hilt of my sword, prepared to pull it out.
Something teleported in front of me and it was some kind of short, devil-looking creature that looked incredibly familiar, I must have read about these before. I took no hesitation of striking it with my sword, supposedly killing it. I looked up to see Travis standing there with his mouth agape. I pulled up my mask and scowled. I had a feeling that I was going to have to do some explaining.