Chapter 11~ Save Him.

Travis's POV.

I sat in the corner of the cell, looking up at the ceiling while listening to the guard snore loudly. I was bored, hungry and tired. I guess they don't take good care of prisoners in O'khasis.

I heard the dungeon door open and soft footsteps approaching my cell. "Travis.." I heard a soft whisper. "Zane?" I asked. "Yes.. Let me unlock the cell door.." I heard him say. He approached the cell and unlocked it.

I stood up and stepped out. I looked at Zane and smiled. "Thanks.." I whispered. He nodded and took my hand. "We need to go, now.." He whispered.

~~~

It took us a while to get up to his room, and when we did I was in awe. The room was painted gray and had a blood red carpet right under his bed which was draped with black and white sheets.

The floor was dark wood and my feet made a light thumping noise as we walked in. "The execution call will be in about ten minutes, we need to hurry." Zane said. "But we're on the fourth floor how in the world am I supposed to get out?" I asked. "Window." Zane said, stripping his bed off sheets. "You can't be serious." I said. "Do you want to get your head cut if with an axe?" I quickly shook my head. "Okay then.. Shut up and help me tie these together.." He said.

After we were done, Zane went over to the window and pulled the black drapes behind, revealing a large window. He unlatched the lock and pushed it open, letting a cold breeze blow in.

"Is this a good Idea?" I asked. "Yes.. You'll be fine as long as you can climb." Zane said, trying to pull a heavy trunk over. I went over and helped him, only stopping when we got it over to the window. Zane tied the sheets to the handle and threw it out of the window. "It's won't go all the way to the ground.. you'll have to scale the wall after a while." Zane said.

"Okay.." I said. "Bye Travis.. I'll miss you.." Zane said. I turned towards him and gave him a soft smile. "Please don't hate me for this.." I said before kissing him. He froze but slowly started to kiss back. "Zane I..." I paused and took a deep breath. "I.. I really like you.." I said.

It took a while for him to reply. "I really like you too, Travis.." He said softly before I kissed him again.

I pulled away, sad that I had to leave. But then I got a stupid yet amazing idea.

"Zane, run away with me.."