Chapter Four

I need a hero

It's been a year now since I known the Yokai, the name Rachel gave to her 'team', and yet I still have no idea what exactly they do. I sat on their couch, my head rested in Jax's lap as I stared up at the ceiling.

"Jax," I said breaking the sweet silence.

"Yeah Opal?" He asked and looked down at me.

"What do you guys do?" I asked him and looked into his brown eyes.

"We, um, Opal I don't think you want to know." He said nervously.

I sat up and looked at him, "Jax, I want to know." I egged on.

"Ok, ok. We, um, we....... we kill people." He sighed. I looked at him in horror.

"Th-that can't be true!" I cried out.

"Opal, please listen-"

"You can't kill people! That bad! That illegal! Thats murder!" I yelled at him.

"I know it is Opal-"

"So stop it." I pleaded and tears weld up in my eyes, "Please, you guys can't kill people."

He nodded and took my hands, "We'll stop. I promise."

*******

The next day, I went to the warehouse, it was empty.

**** (Now seven years old)****

They just disappeared, the people I knew and loved, just.....gone. Now, with out Jax, I walked home alone. It was hard being a seven year old colladge student. I looked across the street and saw the other kids my age play on the playground, if only that would work for me.

"Hey it's Mousy!" A deep voice yelled. I turned around, I saw the fimiliar Purple Dragons. My feet reacted before my mind did. I was running through the streets away from the gang. Their loud pounding footsteps were behind me, they hollered and whooped as they were chasing me. I sped up and quickly ran into an alleyway, into a another person. We both fell down. Two wooden objects clanked behind me and I looked at the person who was with me. She had fake armour on and an unforgetable hairdo, the top of her head was pitch black while the back of her neck and up was blonde. She pulled me behind a trash can just in time. The loud footsteps passed us and continued going away.

"Th-thanks." I stuttered as she walked out from the protection. I walked out as well and saw her pick up her wooden swords.

"Your welcome," She turned to me and smiled, a few of her front teeth were missing, "I'm Karai."

"I'm Opal." I said and smiled back.

"Ever sparred before?" She asked and tossed me a sword.

"No. Why would I need to?" I asked her and looked at the sword in my hands.

"For self-defense." She smiled and stood in a fighting stance.

I was friends with the strange girl for awhile, our parents even met. Her father was a silly man, he always called me by my full name, Opaline. Intill, one day when we were ten, our parents forbid us from ever seeing each other again. Yet, here I was, in the same situation from when I met Karai........

******

Innocent 16 year old self was walking down the street to my parents apartment. My pale skined hands held on to my nacksack as I walked the streets. My raven hair was pulled up in a ponytail, and my purple-blue eyes were scanning the streets ahead of me. And of course, I couldn't get a break. A strong hand grabbed me and threw me into the dark alleyway.

"Hello Mousy." One of them cackled. I sat out and spat out the gravel that got into my mouth, I stood up and looked at them.

"What do you guys want now?" I asked, I didn't even bother to act imtimadating, and as much as I don't want to admit it, my voice was softer than silk.

"OoO, acting tough aye." One teased and they circled around me. I glared at him and waited for one of them to make a move. A Dragon who had blonde hair acted first. He rushed towards me, I pulled my foot back before sending it up to his gut.

He stummbled back holding his gut, "Get her!" Now understand, I could take down one.....not five huge men three times the size of me, and was fighting for a way longer time than me. I received blows to my stomach, face, arms, and back. One picked me up and threw me on the ground. I laid there shallowing breathing. "Anymore fight in ya Mousy?" One teased. I fell limp and they cackled at my broken body.

Something thudded infront of me protecting me, then he yelled "Leave her alone!" I opened my eyes, he was green and had something red on his face, my vision stopped swimming and I got a good look at him. It was a turtle-human wearing a red mask. My head fell to the ground and I lost consisousness.

Two chapters in one day! Don't forget hb_leo 's side!!