Chapter Twelve

I laid on the cold metal bed, but that wasn't how I remembered it.

(Opal's POV)

I ran around the unfamiliar apartment, I was a little girl again. I ran to every edge of the small none escapable apartment. The shadows roamed everywhere making run the opposite direction. I ran to the original room I woke up in. I shut the door close and tried to block the door from opening. I was too weak to put anything useful to stop the shadows from leaking into the room. I grabbed the flashlight that laid on the floor and shined it on the shadow. It was Lucifer. He hissed and stalked back into the darkness and out of the room with the others. They're afraid of light. I kept my flashlight on and flashed it around the room as soon as I saw a shadow. One was Mikey. And Raph. Jax. Harvey. Lucifer. C. Karai. Leo. Donnie. April. Casey. Emma. Amber. Steel. Thunder and Faith. All of my friends seemed to betray me and tried to capture me. But the one that made me want to die, was Won's shadow. His beady eyes and smirk exactly from when he killed my sister. He was the one that appeared the most followed by screams of my sister. I just needed more light. To make them all disappear. Then find my sister. Dawn. That's all I have to wait for. For more light. But, my pounding head that repeated the sounds of my sister's screams, the relief and belief that I was winning everytime the shadows dissappeared. But,this nightmare reapeated everytime. I don't think I was strong enough for all of the torture, the feeling that my friends were going to kill me. Like everyone was hunting for me. I just needed to be strong, even if I couldn't, and find my sister. But, I'm not strong, and they never leave for good. But, I will make sure they don't take my sister.

What's left of mine

(Raph's POV)

I stayed by her side. How could I not? I haven't exactly been eating...or sleeping for that matter. But how could I knowing that I should have took that knife instead of Opal.

"Raph?" Leo's voice was soft and he hesitantly stepped into the room, "I brought you some food."

"I'm not hungry." I replied shortly. I softly squeezed Opal's hand.

"Eat anyways, we don't want you to get sick." I shook my head 'no'. Even with my silence protest he placed the plate down on the table to my left. I glanced at it and pushed it away from me. I didn't have the stomach to eat. I could feel Leo's sad stare.

"Leo I'm fine." I muttered and looked back to Opal. Her face was gaining slight color than the white sheet of paper she was earlier.

"I'm sorry Raph. But you have to eat. Stay healthy. Not for us, but for her. When she wakes up, she's want to see you healthy." I didn't move at all. He sighed then left the room. Not but a few minutes later did Lucifer walk into the room. Me and him weren't exactly friends.

"Eat the toast." He commanded and stood infront of the table. I stayed quiet, mostly because I was ignoring the annoying neko. "Eat the toast or I'll shove it down your throat." I stayed quiet once again, not threatened by his petty attempts to make me eat the toast.

"Look Raph, how about this? You either eat the toast or I'll force-feed you it. You choose." I stayed quiet, I didn't want to talk to him. "Better choose now." I unhappily picked up one piece of the toast, and took a decent bite out of it.

"Happy?" I grummbled.

"I'm not unhappy." He shrugged the pulled a chair over to the other side of Opal.

"Has she ever told you about her past?" He asked softly, like he was a whole different person than the one that treatened me a moment ago.

"No." I muttered and looked at Opal.

"It's pretty bad. All honesty, I don't want to tell you but...I'm not even sure if Opal's going to make it." He sighed and frowned, "What Won and Jasper said was and wasn't true." He gained my attention and I looked over at him, he was holding Opal's hand tightly with a straight face. "Opal was advanced. She was accepted into collage at the age of seven, they actually wanted to accept her at the age of five. And this was all before she even knew who C and I were, or before her mutation. Opal had a choice to leave, go live her dream, or stay here. She chose to stay. For Jasper. Well, little Jasper didn't know and ordered Won to mutate Opal so she would be too ugly to show her face and would stay with her forever. However, Won went behind Jasper's back and mutated her as well, with a protype of mutagen. That's why they have different powers than us. Opal still loved Jasper, no matter what. Opal was and still is that girl. Forgiving and a kind soul. You know, Opal could have left, but she didn't....for family. Now, we couldn't hide our mutation like her, one day, we even offered her to leave...to forget us. But she didn't, she remained loyal and stayed with us. She could have left, followed her dreams, but she stayed. That's Opal, always there." He spoke truthfully and smiled a few times.