Chapter Eight

At first I was afraid, I was petrified....I did survive

We went back to the lair, Mikey kept on talking to me about my mutation and kept making me giggle. I caught a few glances to see Raph was staring at me with a blush, I wonder whats making him like that. We returned to the lair, Mikey and I continued on conversation on the couch.

"I wonder-"

"Guys, turn on the news." Donnie rushed into the living room cutting off Mikey. I looked at him confused before turning on the TV.

"We have reports of a wild dog is on the loose. Some people believe this dog has rabies do to it's strange behavour. Yet no signs of foaming to the mouth. The wild dog was last seen near Roosevelt Highschool. That is all. This is Carrie Roose reporting from channel 2221, have a nice day." The woman ended with a smile before a commercial came on.

"We have to go find it." I said breaking the silence, I turned to look at the turtles who gathered around me.

"Alright." Leo nodded and grabbed his katanas along with the other turtles getting prepared. I followed behind them.

"Whoa, whoa Opal. I don't think you should come." Leo said and held out his hand to stop me.

"Why not?" I asked.

"This creature could be dangerous." Raph said supporting him.

"Do you guys know anything about wild dogs?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"...No." Leo sighed.

"I do. So let me come." I egged on.

"Come on bros, let her come." Mikey said and grabbed my wrist pulling me with him.

"Mikey!" Raph shouted.

*********

We've been searching for the dog awhile now, still no signs of him or her.

"Maybe we should try later dudes." Mikey sighed.

"Wait." I said and used my mouse ears to listen. I heard shallow breathing and a loud heart beat from a dark alleyway. "This way!" I said quickly before hopping down and into the alley.

"Opal!" The turtles hissed annoyed. I perked up my ears and heard a low growl. I turned to the noise and sat down on my knees. I sat there and made myself look small. The growled came louder when the turtles ungracefully landed behind me.

"Get on your knees." I whispered without looking back at them. The growling softened slightly and a black paw poked out of the shadow.

"Don't worry," I softly patted my lap, "We won't hurt you." I said softly. The paw stiffened before more of the dog revealed. I could see the dog freely now- or should I say wolf. A black female wolf stepped out for the shadows, her green eyes locking onto mine, she stood tall.

"We won't hurt you." I said softly. She took a cautious step towards me.

"You guys are mutated too." She spoke in a slight whisper.

"Then you should trust that we won't hurt you." I smiled softly at her.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Leo," Leo said and her attention turned to him, "and this is Opal, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey." He said and gestured to each of us.

"I'm Emma, I come from a far away wolf pack. People here have been chasing me for days." She spoke and moved closer to us.

"You don't have to worry. We can give you a home and protection, all you have to do is come with us." I smiled. She stared at all of us with hopeful eyes.

Check out TMNT Life by hb_leo !