Chapter Four - The President

Follow me on twitter/Instagram @wattpadupthere for sneak peeks (NO SPOILERS, I SWEAR) and other, writing related things!

________________________

"I can't believe you don't know how to tie a tie," I mumbled as my fingers moved to sort out the mess that Cole had made out of his outfit.

            "I'm a man of many talents, Buckley, but anything that has to do with being fancy is not on that list. Besides, how do you even know how to do it?"

            "My dad made me learn," I stated, patting his chest once I was done. "You know, for the job interviews that he failed. He couldn't bother with learning, so he made me do it."

            Cole hummed in response and, unlike the first day we met, he didn't badger me for more details. I didn't like talking about my past family life, especially if it included my father, and I was happy he was respecting that.

            When I began smoothing out the wrinkles of his dress shirt, he swatted my hand away. "You need to get ready and stop worrying about me."

            Among various workout clothes, Jack and his division provided us with fancy outfits fit for our lunch with the president. Sophia had called us all awake early this morning to get ready and while I was able to do something with my hair and opted for some chap stick because I didn't wear makeup. We were due to be downstairs in a fifteen minutes and I had yet to put on the dress they supplied me.

            I grabbed it off the hanger and locked myself in the bathroom. In response to that, Cole yelled at me, saying that I didn't have to go in there to change because there's 'more space in the main room.' Of course, I ignored him and quickly pulled on the long dark purple dress and some shoes. They just had to pick a color that went with my element, didn't they? Thinking back to Cole's outfit, he had a red tie, so obviously they were going with that theme.

            When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Cole visibly look me up and down, an admirable smile rising to his lips. Just as he was about to say something, I beat him to it.

            "I don't want to hear it," I mumbled, wrapping my arms around my body. "I'm not a fan of dresses, okay?"

            "Well, I am," He grinned and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Ready to go, my beautiful Queen?"

            "Oh, Queen, is it?" I grinned. "I've really stepped it up from Princess."

            "You've only improved since you got here," he joked, opening the door for me. "However, you still have that drooling problem while you sleep--"

            "Hey!" I objected, sneaking my fingers up to my mouth to make sure that I had cleaned up properly. He laughed when he saw my brief moment of panic and flicked my nose.

            "It's still cute. You talk when you're asleep too. It's pretty funny."

            My eyebrows crinkled together because never have I been told this. "What did I say?"

            "Oh, nothing," he brushed off. We were given instructions to head down to the lobby so we climbed into the elevator, pushing the button for the main floor as the doors closed. "You just kept repeating 'Cole is so hot' and 'Cole is the best kisser--' Oof!"

            I was already bright red by the time I socked him in the arm, causing a grunt of pain to escape his lips. He laughed but then gave me a pout. "Geez, woman! Have you been practicing that?"