Chapter Five - The Past

Twitter/Instagram: @wattpadupthere  :)

__________________________

"You demanded better training, so act like it," Sophia grunted as she threw me back down to the ground with a blow to my mid-section. I struggled to regain my breath, wiping the sweat off my brow as I sat up with a glare.

"I know, but I got hardly any sleep last night. Cut me some slack."

"I don't think so," She pulled me to me feet using telekinesis. "Change into Mackenzie, go."

I hadn't recovered from her last attack but I was still able to transform into the small twelve year old only to be told to change into Alex. She continued tossing out the names of everyone as I, as fast as I could, changed my appearance to match theirs. Slowly, but surely, I was getting better at it but it still took quite a lot of energy to maintain it.

Which makes me think about Katherine/Allyson. I know that it takes really wears you down to use that much power constantly, so is that why she seemed to only appear at certain times? I haven't heard from her in a while, not even a single trace or a tingling feeling in my Marking, so was she trying to regain her strength that she lost during her spy mission?

"Good," Sophia stated once I succeeded in what she asked of me, no amount of actual praise in her voice. "You can take a five minute break."

I almost passed out on the way to my water bottle, taking a moment to splash my body with the cold liquid before gulping it down. When I finally was quenched, I took a moment to look around at our training room while I continued to catch my breath.

It was quite bare compared to the others I've seen. For one, it was completely soundproof with nothing getting in or out. Not only that, but they eliminated the echo, allowing for complete concentration. One wall of the room was completely lined with mirrors, to which I have only used so far in examining how awful I looked in this vigorous session. There were several weights in the corner to practice my telekinesis with but other than that, there wasn't much to work with. After all, my powers were all internal.

"You ready yet?" Sophia called out and I immediately groaned, throwing my body down onto the floor.

"I'll be ready in five years."

"You'll be dead by then if you don't come this instant," she snapped. With a roll of my eyes, I slowly dragged my body over and gave her a weary look. "We'll practice something easy. You did mention wanting to learn to heal, right?"

My head shot up, nodding up and down. After the attack, I felt so useless watching everyone injured have to wait to be treated by Sophia and Claire while I sat around incapable of helping.

Sophia explained how she channeled the power for healing and where it came from in the mind. While I was able to understand a little bit, it was hard deciphering how to get to that. Regardless, I took a deep breath and nodded to her, signaling I was ready.

Now, I didn't think about what I'd be practicing with. The moment Sophia whipped out a pocket knife from the back of her pocket, I was indifferent until she nipped it at my skin, creating a thin cut that immediately began bleeding.

"Ow!" I screamed out and without thinking, I pushed her across the room using my telekinesis. "What the hell what that for?"

"I could say the same to you," she grumbled, getting up and walking over to me as if I was the one who did wrong. "You needed a test subject, so there you go. Heal it."