Chapter Twelve - The Fight

Follow @wattpadupthere on instagram/twitter for fun stuff! (PS if anyone has anything they'd like to see on those accounts, please let me know!

And for the last character card by @micahlikesgraphics, we have Claire! Thank you so much for these beautiful graphics, you're the best!

_____________________

The rows of Catchers were lined up, showing dozens of them standing still. They all stood before their leader, the one person in this world that I had an undeniable hatred for.

"Soon," Katherine began. "We will rise!"

I woke up covered in sweat, my heart pounding in my chest as I struggled to breathe. I've had this same dream for a few nights now, Sophia and the others all familiar with it as I was. However, just like all the other visions, we couldn't do anything about it besides hoping and training enough to change the future.

But this one didn't feel like my usual visions. It was different, especially because it kept replaying every single night and always gave me the same reaction without fail. It didn't help that I had this along with other, random visions that were seemingly useless. I mean, how good is it to know that Claire is to bring me an apple in the future? Unlike my other powers, my visions were uncontrollable. I couldn't pick and choose what I saw and what I didn't need to.

As I tried to calm down, I felt the familiar arm tighten around my waist, pulling me closer to the awaiting boy next to me.

"Same vision?" Cole muttered, his voice groggy.

I felt myself turn red, feeling bad for waking him up yet another time. "Yeah..." I replied softly, hoping that he would just fall back asleep. "Nothing new."

"Want to talk about it?" He asked but I already knew he was seconds from passing out again.

"When do I ever want to do that?" I whispered but when I failed to receive a reply, I knew he was out cold.

Looking at the clock next to me, I still had a little over an hour to kill before training began for the day. Working as quietly as possible, I gently removed Cole's arm from around me and got up. I knew I wouldn't get back to sleep, so why even try? Instead, I got ready for the day and pulled on my fitness attire that I've grown so accustomed to.

I silently left the room, leaving Cole to sleep. I heard my footsteps echo down the hallway while I made my way to the cafeteria to grab some breakfast before the day started. As usual, the only person up this early was Leona who was seated in her own spot near the window, drinking some tea and reading a book.

"Hey," I greeted her when I walked up after getting something to eat.

She seemed so engrossed in her book that I first thought I would scared her until she looked up, a frown appearing on her face but not from that. "Again?" She asked, shutting her book and placing it down on the table as she turned all her attention onto me.

I nodded. Since my visions started, I've been coming down here and spending time with Leona before we had to train. While her company is nice, I know she feels bad that I'm being forced awake. "Same one too," I told her.

"Any new details?"

I shook my head. "Nope. It hasn't changed one bit."

"Hmm," she hummed in thought. "Well, I hope you're able to get some sleep soon. You must be exhausted."

"Well, not really..."