Chapter Seven - The Earth

PSA: It's early, I'm tired, and this is horribly edited. 

_________

"Are you seriously still sleeping?" Cole yelled in my face when I pushed him away. "We have to be at training in five minutes. Get up, lazy bum!"

We've officially been here for one week and we've trained every single day. Unlike Supernatural Abilities, this place apparently didn't believe in breaks, let alone mercy. Every night I went to bed exhausted and woke up the same way. I needed a day off to maintain my sanity... and body. Luckily, since the incident during training, Jack has managed to stay out of our hair and gave us some breathing room. If anything, I think he was a bit embarrassed about me knowing that kind of information about him but hopefully it made him take me more seriously.

For some reason, today was the hardest to wake up from. I've been running off of only a few hours of sleep that was enough to keep me functioning during the day, but still have the huge bags under my eyes and yawn that happened every five seconds.

"I quit..." I mumbled into my pillow. "Find another Mind."

I heard him chuckle. "That's not how it works, Sweetheart. Get your little butt up and dressed so Sophia doesn't murder you."

I groaned but, reluctantly, got up. I didn't need to hear more about how bad of a student I was. By the time I had gotten ready for the day and scrambled down to my training room, I was already at least five minutes late. She glared at me as I walked in, throwing my bag down in the corner, and immediately began stretching.

"Mind telling me why you decided to disrespect me and come in late?" She pondered.

My answer was a single grumble. "Sleep."

"That's not more important than us, is it?" I jumped when I heard Claire talking because I didn't even see her when I walked in. The brunette was bright and shining today because, lucky her, she didn't have to endure the torture that was training 24/7.

"It's the most important thing to me," I mumbled before yawning, thus making them copy my action. "So why are you even here?"

"Sophia asked me to help teach you something," She told me.

I sighed, knowing that my trainer was getting frustrated with me. In the days since I learned how to heal, I've failed in learning anything else. Luckily I've been refining what skills I do have so I'm at least getting a little better.

"You're going over teleportation today," Sophia told me. "Claire knows the basics but eventually I'd like you to be able to learn how to move all six of you guys at the same time. You know, in case of an emergency. It'll be tough but it's a good skill to know."

I vaguely remember watching Claire do that during one of her fights back at Supernatural Abilities. It was cool to see because one moment she was there and the next, completely confusing her opponent, she wasn't.

I nodded as exuberantly as I could manage in my weary state. "Okay then. Let's get this started."

Teleporting was not something I had anything similar to so learning how to connect with the right part of the mind was more difficult than expected. Claire was able to pop around the room like it was nothing while I sat there, my concentration face on, trying to conjure up the power to move.

"You look like you're constipated," Sophia commented while flipping through some of the papers Because she wasn't able to teleport herself, she sat back and watched as she began going through all the information we had received from Galen's office. Even though her mind if focused on that, she still had to make a jab at me in one form or another.