Chapter Seventeen - The Journey

Twitter/Instagram - @wattpadupthere

RECAP:

I looked back at my trainer, a little smile on her face as she stood back. She had a look of pride on her face, but beneath that I knew there was worry.

Finally, I turned around, facing the ocean around me. I stepped up on the platform, feeling more like a captive walking the plank than anything else.

There's no turning back now, I thought to myself, focusing my mind to drop the barrier that protected me from Katherine. In a way, the action gave me strength. I wouldn't let her get to me before the fight. I couldn't let that happen.

"Let's do this," I told them before jumping into the water, letting it consume me.

___________________

I felt my body dragging deeper underneath the water, as if a weight was bringing me down. Before I was about to breathe again, no longer capable of holding it in anymore, I felt an arm grab me, pulling me to the side to where there was air and ground. I spluttered out, finally looking up to see Will, Alex, and Leona all looking down at me.

"Enjoy the swim?" Alex grinned to which I returned with a glare. "Hey, I wouldn't have let you drown! I'm a Water for crying out loud!"

"Couldn't you have lowered the platform before I got in?" I asked.

"Nope," Leona answered for me. "It's more difficult with a lot of people to bring it down so we did it right as you jumped."

I watched as Alex reached out into the ocean again, this time bringing in Mackenzie. The poor girl looked like miserable as she shook from the cold temperature of the water. Soon enough, Cole followed but squirted some water from his mouth the moment his best friend pulled him in.

"Hey! What was that for?" Alex exclaimed, pushing Cole a little.

"Payback for making me swim," the other explained, shaking out his dirty blonde hair. "Really, was that necessary?

His best friend sighed and explained just as they had done to me. Cole looked suspiciously at the boy, before bowing down and accepting it. Looking out of the bubble, I could see a wake form as the boat drove away, leaving us stranded in the middle of the ocean.

If this were an episode of Man vs. Wild, I'm sure it would be very popular.

"Well," Will said while using his powers to regulate the air inside out bubble. "Let's get going then, shall we?"

They all turned to me. "It's your turn, Taylor," Alex started. "Where exactly are we headed?"

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, focusing all my energy on the person I hated the most. While I opened up the doorway for her, I kept my mind locked so she wouldn't be able to read into what I was thinking. For weeks, Katherine would invade my mind, forcing me to an empty place meant just for us. Today, for the first time ever, I was the one seeking her out.

I wasn't sure how I did it, but soon I found myself in that same, limbo, dark state that I hated so much. Blinking, Katherine appeared before me looking more pleased than surprise.

"Miss Buckley," she clapped. "How amazing it is to see you again and at your own will!"

"What can I say?" I shrugged. "I missed your bright and shining face."