Chapter Fifteen - The Decision

twitter/instagram: wattpadupthere

RECAP:

We've been training so hard for so long and all for nothing. Katherine is growing stronger just as we are, if not even more so. At eighteen years old, I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready to lose my life this early.

"Taylor!"

I was able to focus my mind for a split second but that was enough to get us back in our room. The four of us fell to the ground, myself feeling so lightheaded and out of it. I was able to scramble over to the toilet just in time to vomit up all the drinks from tonight and collapse in a heap next to it while the others walked in.

"Sophia," I croaked out while they crouched down next to me. "We need to tell her that we'll never be ready for Katherine."

_____________________________

The four of us found ourselves standing in front of Sophia's door. The boys were in front, going back and forth about who would be the one to knock.

"You do it," Alex started.

"No, you," Cole returned.

"You were here first--"

Ignoring them, I pushed through the boys and went to pound on the door. Before my fist could make contact with the wood, it opened revealing a very groggy and annoyed Sophia.

"What?" She asked, anger clear in her voice. Before she continued, I watched as her face dropped. "You didn't."

I gave her a sheepish grin as stepped out of her room and closed the door behind her. I knew she read into our minds and saw that we had left, but I don't know if she realized just what had happened while we were out. We were all in for a huge scolding, but that could happen later.

"Katherine is getting stronger," I urged. "That's what the Catcher told us. Forget that we disobeyed you or whatever, and look at the bigger picture."

She froze and that furious expression erased from her face and was replaced with what I only knew to be fear.

"I..." she started, biting at her lip in concentration. "We need to call in a conference."

It was the middle of the night and even though we were all exhausted and clad in our nightclub attire, within minutes we were seated in a conference hall in the agency with all members of the Big Six, the rest of our group, Jack and his people, and even President Bixler. Sophia explained the situation, painting it out for everyone in the group about what the Catcher had told us. Of course, she didn't leave out the details of us sneaking out, earning all of us dirty looks from many people listening.

"All of our efforts are being challenged by Katherine expanding her own powers," Sophia continued after the story. "Each Supernatural she changes into a Catcher means another number for her and one less for us. She becomes stronger with more of those things while we're left training these six for nothing. We're stuck in either a stalemate with both of us at equal parts, or at a disadvantage because I'm sure it's much easier to change someone into a Catcher than to learn a whole new power."

"So what do you propose, Miss Humphrey?" Jack asked.

She froze for a few seconds before recovering, almost as if she didn't want to say her opinion. "I think there's no choice but to send them off. If we wait any longer, than she could be too strong."