Chapter 8 Telling Camp

Percy's POV

A few weeks passed and the bump grew bigger and started showing more. Chiron suggested that it was the right time to announce it to Camp because some of the campers might notice. We decided that we were going to announce it at lunch. In the morning I was sword fighting with Jason.

Jason: So today you are going to tell the whole Camp?

Percy: Yeah.

Jason: Good luck bro!

Percy: Thanks!

Jason: So have you chose a name for a boy and a girl?

Percy: Nope we are going to decide it when we know the gender.

Jason: When are we going to buy the tuxedos?

Percy: Next week. Man I can't believe I am getting married!

*the conch horn blew signaling that it was time for lunch*

Percy: I better go and change because it's lunch and we are going to announce it.

I had the quickest shower I could ever have and got dressed into clean clothes. When I arrived at the dining hall I saw Annabeth waiting for me at the Poseidon table. From now on Annabeth is going to stay on the Poseidon table with me because I was Poseidon's only child (except Tyson of course) and Athena had more kids.

Chiron: Listen everyone! Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase have an announcement to make.

Annabeth: Me and Percy are getting married on the 17th of Febuary and I am pregnant.

*Some campers gasped and others were surprised*

Clarisse: WHAT??? That is unacceptable you should have sex after marriage not before it!

Percy: Shut up Clarisse and mind your own business!

Chiron: Right now Annabeth can't take part in any quests or Capture the Flag but if you need help that has to do with architecture feel free to ask her for help.

Annabeth: Yes I will gladly help!

Chiron: The new counselor for the Athena cabin is Malcolm.*Everyone clapped*

That night we played Capture the Flag and Annabeth was next to Chiron and Nico seeing if everyone obeyed the rules. I was in the blue team with the Apollo cabin, Piper, Hazel, Frank, Reyna, Jason, Thalia and the Athena cabin.
The other cabins were against us.

Everything was going well until Nico came and told me that Annabeth was hurt. I told Jason to take the lead and ran next to Chiron. He told me that they took Annabeth to the infirmary.

Annabeth's POV

I was fed up watching Capture the Flag and so I told Chiron that I was going for a walk to the lake. Ahh the lake always makes feel better because it reminds me of Percy and ever since I got pregnant it made me feel even more better. While I was walking there I tripped over a rock which I didn't see and blacked out.

When I opened my eyes I noticed that I was in the infirmary and Will and Percy were next to me.

Annabeth: What happened?

Percy: Thank the Gods you're alright! *kisses Annabeth's forehead* You tripped over a rock and Will saw you tripping and took you to the infirmary because he wasn't playing Capture the Flag.

Annabeth: *Panicking* Is the baby alright?

Will: Calm down Annabeth the baby is fine. If you didn't fall on your arm you were going to fall on your tummy and lose the baby.

Percy: *kissing her* You are a life saver!

Will: You have just broken your arm nothing major. In one week your arm will be all good.

Annabeth: Thanks Will.

Will: No problem! I will leave you two alone.

*Annabeth starts crying*

Percy: Babe what's wrong?

Annabeth: *Sobbing* It's just this is all my fault. I shouldn't have gone on a walk alone. Today I nearly lost our baby and it's because of me.

Percy: No it's not! Everyone can trip and besides you saved the baby! You will be the best mum ever.

Annabeth: I don't think I am suited for being a mum Percy. I am sorry if I failed you and you don't trust me anymore.

Percy: No way! I will always believe in you and trust you no matter what and of course you are suited for being a mother. You will be an awesome and cool mum! *kisses her*

Chiron: Sorry to interrupt your conversation but Annabeth are you alright?

Annabeth: Yeah I am thank you. I just broke my arm that's all.

Chiron: How long will it take for your arm to heal?

Annabeth: One week.

Chiron: Good news! Is the baby ok?

Percy: Annabeth saved the baby because she fell on her arm instead of her tummy.

Chiron: Good job Annabeth. I have to go now because I have a meeting with Mr D.

Percy: I will go and bring you some clothes and things you need be right back!

While Percy was gone Hazel came to check on me and make sure I was ok. She is so sweet! After a while Percy came and Hazel left because she had a date with Frank.

Percy: I got you everything you need. I am going to sleep here as well so you won't be alone.

Annabeth: Awww thanks Perce.

After talking for a while we were getting sleepy and went to sleep.