Chapter 18 4th of July

Annabeth's POV

Today was the 4th of July and it was an important day for us Americans because it was Independence day. In the evening there will be Fireworks made by the Hephaestus cabin. Me and Percy will watch them in our garden and have a barbecue as well. All of our friends will come over.

2 months ago Jason proposed to Piper. I am so happy for her. I am starting to believe in the bouquet theory in the wedding day because Piper caught my bouquet of flowers at my wedding party which was in February and 4 months later in June Jason proposed to her. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

The bump started to show a lot more and the baby has been kicking frequently. I am 7 months pregnant now and the baby will be born at the end of this month. Wow it was like yesterday that I found out that I was pregnant!

I can't wait for Jake to be born but I am a bit scared about going into labour. Will said that everything will be fine but I am still a bit scared. Recently I haven't been able to bend down and so when I drop something Percy has to pick it up for me which is very lovely of him!

I have been craving toast with peanut butter and jelly which I used to find it totally disgusting. Anyways that what was happening recently. Percy went in town to buy the food needed for the barbecue and I was decorating the garden.

Percy: Annabeth I am home where are you babe?

Annabeth: In the garden.

Percy: What are you- Holy Athena the garden is looking amazing for tonight *kisses Annabeth's forehead*

Annabeth: I didn't do a lot with the bump in the way.

Percy: What are you talking about? You did a lot and you did an amazing job! Let me continue decorate.

Annabeth: Ok! I'll take care of the food.

I prepared some chicken kebabs and vegetarian kebabs because Piper is a vegetarian. I prepared some fruit smoothies and fruit popsicles. A rice salad and a potato salad. Sundaes with ice-cream and some sandwiches as well.

There were peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me and for Piper because she loves them as well and some ham and cheese sandwiches. When everything was set up I went to have a shower and got changed into a short red dress and red ballerina shoes so I will be comfortable.

Red dress pic:

Percy wore a green buttoned shirt and brown shorts and flip flops

Percy wore a green buttoned shirt and brown shorts and flip flops. He looked so handsome and hot! Percy was in charge of the barbecue tonight. At 6:30 Will, Nico, Reyna, Frank and Hazel arrived and at 6:45 Thalia, Jason, Piper, Rachel, Leo and Calypso (Leo saved Calypso from Oygigia and they are dating as well) arrived.

Jason: Bro let me help you with the barbecue.

Percy: Sure bro *bro fist*

Reyna: How is everyone?

Hazel: Good thanks! Can't wait for the fireworks to start I haven't seen actual fireworks before.

Leo: *gasps* You are missing out in life!!

Frank: Calm down Fireboy she will see them now.
Claypso: I haven't seen them as well!

Leo: You are missing in life as well they are just so amazing!!

Thalia: You made them and they have to do with fire that's why all this fuss about fireworks.

*Everyone started laughing*

Rachel: I hear that Nico and Will are dating is that real?!

Will: *blushes* Yeah and I proudly say that Nico was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Nico: *Blushes* Me too!

Jason: SOLANGELO FOR LIFE!!!

Percy: I Agree!

Leo: Now kiss!! I ship you so hard!!

*Will and Nico kissed and everyone cheered*

Nico: Love you Will!

Will: Love you too babe.

Piper: These peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are delicious!

Nico: I agree!!

Annabeth: Thank you! I knew them liked them Piper but I didn't know you liked them Nico. Oh well there's plenty!

Everyone enjoyed the food thank the Gods they liked it. We were having dessert when the fireworks started.

Leo: These babies are beautiful!! Happy 4th of July everyone!

Jason: Annabeth your bump has really grown!

Annabeth: This is my 9th month. By the end of this month the baby will be born.

Frank: You are going to be a dad Percy!

Percy: *Wraps his arms around Annabeth* Yeah I am really happy about that!!!

After we chatted a bit and watched the fireworks. After the fireworks were finished the girls helped me wish the dishes and the boys took care of cleaning the garden. I thanked everyone for helping me and Percy and said goodbye to everyone because it was 2 in the morning.

While Percy and Annabeth were in bed:

Percy: Ahhh today was a fun day. Leo was right those fireworks were really amazing!

Annabeth: Yeah I love spending time with you and I catched up on Reyna's and Thalia's life as well.

Percy: Yep and thank the Gods Jason helped me because if he didn't I would have burned up the food.

Annabeth: That would have been a catastrophe!

Percy: With the cat puns again?

Annabeth: Blame Chat Noir. Let's admit it Jason is a better cook than you!

Percy: Oh really! *Starts tickling Annabeth. After tickling session*

Annabeth: *Yawning* I am going to sleep now because I am tired after all that tickling. Goodnight Seaweed Brian! *kisses him*

Percy: Goodnight Wisegirl.