Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ariel's POV

I walked outside the school building. The cold October air hit my skin. I walked near the parking lot to meet up with Kate and Aiden. "Hey, Guys." I forced a smile.

They sent me a warm smile, "Hey, babe, why so sad?" Aiden asked me. He always knew if there was a problem.

"I have to work on a project for three months or more," I paused. "With Zayn Malik." I sighed.

Kate bursted out with laughter, "Seriously?" She asked.

"Seriously." I mumbled.

"Why is it that he keeps occurring in our lives?" Aiden ran his fingers through his beautiful curls, sighing. 

"We're just not that lucky," I smiled.

Kate looked at me with a Are-you-stupid expression. "What?" I asked.

"You are lucky, you weird banana! You're going to be with Zayn for like three months!" She yelled excitedly. "He's so hot. Oh my, if you become a couple, I am going to die." She jumped up and down.

"Did you just call me a weird banana?" I asked, in disbelief.

Kate sighed and Aiden laughed. "Is that all you took from that entire paragraph that I just said to you?" She asked.

"No, I just don't even want to think about me and Zayn ever dating. It's crazy." I mumbled.

"I don't think so," Kate said.

"Well, I do. Now can we go, Ariel?" Zayn said, behind me. Wait, Zayn?! What the hell? Did he hear everything? Oops.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I stated as Aiden protectively slung his arm around my waist.

He chuckled, "Fine, if you want to get a zero on the project, then don't come." He smirked.

"Fine." I sighed. "Bye, guys." I kissed Aiden on the cheek. He mumbled a 'bye, babe' as I went to hug Kate.

"Good luck, Winters." She chuckled, hugging me back. What did she mean by that. I turned around leaving them, looking at an impatient Zayn. Ugh.

"Let's go," I mumbled, walking past him. As we got to the parking lot, I stopped, waiting for him to claim his car so we could leave. He walked to his car as I followed behind him. There was a girl in Zayn's hood, waiting impatiently. "Zayn! Where were you?!" The blonde asked.

"Finding her." He mumbled, pointing at me.

"Why?" She asked, rolling her eyes at me.

"We got a project to do," He said, forcefully, obviously he was uninterested in their conversation.

"Ugh, what about our plans?" She said the last part, winking.

Zayn smirked, "After she leaves," He whispered in her ear. I think I almost through up my lunch.

"Fine, bye." She smirked, kissing him crazily and the walking away like the slut she is.

He smirked walking into the car, I walked around the car, getting into the passenger seat. Sighing, I took my book bag off my shoulder, rubbing it.

"If you didn't carry so many books, you wouldn't have shoulder pain," He smirked.

"Stay out of my business, Zayn." I mumbled. Why does he care anyway?

"I don't. I was just saying." He smirked.

I stared at him, in disbelief. "Can you read minds?" I asked.