regarding lgbtq+

-
like the same gender? that's okay! it's legal now, because for some reason wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone who loves you and takes care of you was a reason for prosecution! yay gay marriage! well, as long as they don't want a cake, because some people won't even mix eggs and flour to  help with the best day of someone's life. but hey, 1 in 10 kids is gay nowadays so you have a good chance of finding someone, but public displays of affection, no way, have fun being beat up or shot. please stop complaining, it's legal now, what more do you want?"
-

do you see the issue here? these laws are contradictory. lgbtq+ people are called ungrateful because "gay marriage was legalized." 
that was 2015 folks,
it's 2016,
and 54 people just were murdered in a gay bar,
people aren't allowed to use bathrooms or go to certain schools and stores in mississippi or north carolina based on their gender identity and sexual orientation,
a church in kansas is saying targeting funerals of soldiers and rioting "they're going to hell for supporting a country that supports gays" and "promote solider deaths" and even going as far as saying "god sent the shooter to orlando".

still wonder why people are upset?

-

hello babes! i know this chapter is quite serious but i did want to take a second to say down here that if your family is super religious or you don't live in an environment where you're comfortable with your gender orientation or sexuality, feel free to come out to me via private message, maybe it will help you feel better.

rip victims of lgbtq+ related violence.