What Is It?

"Welcome to Charms!" Professor Flitwick smiled at the first year Slytherin and Ravenclaw class. 

Professor Flitwick was standing on his collection of books on the chair.

"Today we are going to learn how to levitate a feather." Flitwick said and pointed his wand at the white feather on his dark desk.

He said the incantation, flicked his wand wrist, and the feather floated up.

"Is there supposed to be purple around the feather?" Richard asked the Ravenclaw sitting next to him, who was Kalder. 

"Uhm... My friend, there is no purple around the feather." Kalder said.

Richard looked at him confused for a moment.

He just shrugged and looked back at the professor.

"Okay, now you can try it. Don't be discouraged if you don't get it in the first few tries!" Professor Flitwick said.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Richard flicked his wrist and the feather shook a bit before it slowly started going up.

"Bravo, Mr. Grayson! Ten points to Slytherin!" Flitwick smiled.

Richard smiled brightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After class, Richard went up to Professor Flitwick.

"Hello, Mr. Grayson! What can I do for you?" Flitwick asked.

"Sir, I just wanted to ask a quick question." Richard said.

Professor Flitwick nodded.

"What was the purple around the feather when you were levitating it?" Richard asked.

"Purple? There was no purple around the feather." Flitwick shook his head in confusion. 

Richard didn't respond.

"Mr. Grayson, is something wrong?" Professor Flitwick asked.

"Hum? Oh, no! No...I just...Nevermind! Thank you for your time sir." Richard nodded and then quickly left.

Flitwick frowned.

What purple was the boy talking about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Welcome to your first day of Herbology! I'm Professor Sprout and today we are going to be talking about the syllabus and going over class rules and expectations." Professor Sprout said.

Richard looked around the greenhouse full of so many different plants.

"HEY!" Roy screamed as one of the plants wrapped its vines around his ankles and lifted him into the air.

A few of the Hufflepuffs yelled and ran to the back of the room.

Professor Sprout quickly pulled out her wand and yelled something.

A pink colored spell shot out of her wand and hit the plant.

Richard gasped as he saw the spell.

The spell was pink, however he saw a white, almost transparent, ball encasing the spell, like a shield. 

When the spell hit the plant, it fell down asleep.

Roy fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry dearie. That plant likes to do that. Normally it traps animals." Professor Sprout said while helping Roy up. 

"Okay, back to the papers in your hands!" Professor Sprout yelled after Roy was back in his spot.

"You okay?" Richard asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Roy said.

The rest of the class went on without an incident. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm just saying, Harry, that you should be paying more attention!" a girl with bushy brown hair said. 

"Hermione, I try to, but History of Magic is boring. All he does is just go on and on!" Harry sighed. 

"Well, be as that may, you still need to try. You know, you have to pass that class to be able to take the OWL's and NEWT's." Hermione said.

"Lay off him Hermione!" a redhead said. 

Richard quietly listened into the conversation as he waited in the library. 

"Hey, I'm going to go back to the tower, you guys coming?" the redhead asked the other two.

"No, I still have some studying to do." Hermione said.

"I'm coming Ron!" Harry, a boy with black hair, said.

Ron, the redhead, and Harry walked out of the library.

Richard waited until the both of them were gone when he walked over to Hermione.

"Hello!" Richard smiled at the girl.

"Oh! Hi!" Hermione smiled back.

"Uhm...I was wondering if you could help me." Richard said, looking anywhere but the girl.

"Yeah. But, why don't you ask the other Slytherins?" Hermione wanted to know.

"Well, none of them read a lot like you. So, I thought you would be my best bet at finding what I need to know." Richard explained.

"Okay. What do you need help with?" Hermione asked.

"Are there any books here about auras?" Richard asked.

"The library is sorted by groups of classes, and then by alphabetical order. There is no card catalog, so if you're looking for a book on auras, I'd look at the Defense category. Maybe under a spell book, a spell encyclopedia, or spell history book. If you can't find it under that, then maybe try Transfiguration. If you can't find it then, maybe ask a teacher or Madame Pomfrey." Hermione said.

"Thank you very much! And as a thanks I shall get you something!" Richard smiled.

"Oh! No! You don't have to!" Hermione said, shaking her head.

"I want to though! For helping me!" Richard said.

Hermione blushed, "Well, thank you!"

"Right, you'll get a package tomorrow than. From Richard Grayson. And thank you for the help!" Richard said.

"It's no problem and if you need anything else, I'll help you." Hermione said.

Richard nodded his head and bid her a good afternoon.

It was time to find him a book.