The Mirror

"But-but they were here!" Harry frowned, looking at the mirror.

"Mate, they aren't here, but look at this! I'm head boy! And I have the Quidditch Cup!" Ron smiled widely.

"Really? That's cool! But the we're here! I don't understand where they went to..." Harry frowned, happy for Ron but sad that his parents left again.

"It's cool Harry, but I don't think we should be coming here. Something about that mirror gives me the creeps." Ron frowned, not shaking the feeling he got from the mirror.

"What do you mean?! My parents are in the mirror!" Harry said.

"Mate! Your parents aren't in the mirror! They didn't get stuck there!" Ron said.

"But what if they're like the ghosts? What if they did get stuck there?" Harry asked.

"Harry! Not all mirrors trap people! No mirror has trapped anyone! Your parents aren't in there. It's just an illusion or something. Come one, let's go. This mirror gives me the creeps. It's bad, Harry. Let's leave it be, please!" Ron pleaded.

Harry stared at the mirror a little more before moving away with Ron.

"Harry, promise me you won't go back to that mirror. Please!" Ron begged.

"I... I want to find out what's going on." Harry said honestly.

"Mate! It's not a good mirror! Leave it be!" Ron frown deepened.

"Okay, fine!" Harry said.

That was good enough for Ron.

But little did Ron know, Harry was thinking about that mirror all day long.

And he planned to be back very soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Richard smiled as he thumbed his wand in his new holster.

It really was an amazing gift!

He quickly pulled his wand out, drawing it very quickly.

He aimed it at the practice dummy and let out an 'Expelliarmus!'

The dummy absorbed the spell just as quickly as Dick pulled out his wand.

Richard put his wand back into his holster, turned around and started walking, before quickly turning around and arming himself again.

Dick quickly found his way to work and use the holster effectively.

"You should try with snap on, just in case you're in a sudden issue with it on." An older voice called out to him.

"Headmaster! Sorry! I didn't know you wanted the area!" Richard panicked.

"Nonsense, little one. I just noticed that you're the only one keeping up with your studies. It's the holidays. You should be relaxing!" Dumbledore said.

"I just wanted to get used to my new present though! Snape have it to me!" Richard smiled, showing off his holster.

"Ah! Yes! It is quite an amazing holster!" Albus smiled, looking closely at the holster.

"Thank you!" Dick smiled widely.

"Now Richard, I must be getting back now, however, I want you to try and relax, okay? And also I would like you to conserve your magic for now. Your core is still not completely recovered, and you never know when you'll need to use it." Dumbledore had a twinkle in his eye.

Richard sighed, "Okay, Headmaster."

Dick started to walk down the steps to go to the dungeons.

A sudden ball of energy caught his eye, much like the other night.

And once again a door was there.

Should he go into it?

Or wait for a later time to go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night soon came and before you knew it, Harry had the cloak on and was going for a visit.

He found the room again and pulled the sheet down off the mirror.

Again, his parents showed up.

Harry was so preoccupied with the mirror that he didn't notice that his hood fell off nor the other person in the room with him.

"What a dangerous game." An older voice said.

Harry jumped in his shoes.

"Mr. Dumbledore, sir!" Harry bowed and looked respectively to him.

"Wait, what do you mean a dangerous game, sir?" Harry asked.

"This mirror is hidden well for a reason. But perhaps not too well." Dumbledore had a twinkle in his eye.

"Oh, no, sir! I accidentally found it one night!" Harry said.

"Yes, but you've remembered how to get back since the first night two nights ago." Dumbledore said.

Harry gasped, "How did you know?"

"I've been Headmaster for quite some time now. I know this place inside and out. And it helps when you know how to do things the average wizard can't do." Dumbledore said.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"One does not need a magic cloak to turn invisible, Harry." Dumbledore nodded.

"So, you've been following me?" Harry asked, confused.

"No. I come here to guard this mirror from children who find it. Ones like you. Many men have lost their lives to this mirror. It shows them their deepest desire. And many men would rather see that than eat or sleep. It's a very dangerous mirror, your young friend Ron Weasley was correct. But at last, this mirror will be removed from Hogwarts tonight. So please don't come looking for it again, okay Harry?" Dumbledore came to stand beside Harry.

"Okay, Hwadmaster. I just have one question though." Harry said.

"And that is?" Albus asked.

"What do you see when you look into the mirror?" Harry asked.

"I see myself getting socks! One can never have enough socks!" Dumbledore smiled.

"Really? Just socks?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Every year I get books or trinkets, but never socks. I wished I got more socks." Dumbledore said.

"Well, they do keep your feet warm!" Harry smiles.

Albus laughed, "That they do. Now, run along to bed. And remember, Harry. The mirror will be leaving tonight. Don't go looking for it." Dumbledore reminded Harry.

"Okay, sir!" Harry ran back to his bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this was a bit shorter than normal but I hope you guys enjoy it! ^.^
~Raven