Chapter Eight

When Henry didn't awake to Hope bothering him to get out of bed, he was slightly concerned. Hope had been his alarm clock throughout the years unless she was sick or busy, but normally she wasn't busy unless she was with him. Rising out of bed, he looked around to see that he was the only one in bed before he carried himself to the showers to get ready for the day.

Once he was clean and dressed he made his way down to the Common Room to find Hope speaking with Fergus on one of the sofas.

"Hey, why didn't you wake me up?" Henry called to her and he brushed his hair back out of his face.

Hope and Fergus exchanged glances before she looked up to him.

"I did...I actually tried to get your lazy bum out of bed, but you're the one who turned on me."

"What? What are you talking about? You didn't wake me up."

"Yes, she did, mate." Fergus told him. "You about bit her face off too, trust me I was there."

Henry stood confused for a moment as he saw Hope smile at him. "At least I got to see what your angry merface looks like. And I have to say GuppyPuppy, you are quite intimidating in that form."

"Oh Hope," he face fell as guilt washed over him, " I really didn't mean-"

"Don't be ridiculous." Hope told him. "No harm done, Henry. I thought it was pretty cool."

"Of course you did." He smirked. "Anyways, what are you two up to?" he asked.

"I was just trying to convince Hope hear to do some undercover work-" Fergus began.

"You want me to snoop, you git!"

"It's not snooping if it casually comes up in conversation!"

"It's not really casual if it's planned!"

Henry looked back and forth as Hope and Fergus argued.

"I'm completely lost here." Henry said over their voices.

Fergus rolled his eyes at Hope before turning his body to face Henry. 'McGregor asked Hope to hang out at Hogsmeade this weekend which gives her the perfect opportunity to do some research and gather some information on Ravenclaw-"

"It's snooping!" Hope said pushing Fergus off the sofa.

"It's not snooping! Tell her, Henry!"

The two looked at Henry who looked at Hope.

"McGregor asked you to Hogsmeade?" Was the only question on Henry's mind as he blurted it out.

"Yeah, he asked me this morning at breakfast. He said he wanted to head into the quidditch shop and then grab something to drink."

"But I thought..I thought we were going to hang out for the first Hogsmeade trip? Remember?"

"Oh sh-...that's right!" Hope jumped up to her feet. "It completely slipped my mind, I was way too focused on the chocolate syrup they had at the table for the pancakes. I'll go find McGregor and let him know."

"Wait, Hope, you don't have to do that-" Henry went to call after her but the girl was fast on her feet and disappeared through the portrait hole in a matter of seconds.

'Aww Henry, you ruined my plans!" Fergus said standing up and stomping off to the boy's dorm.

"Sorry?"

"What's got you down, Sweetheart?" Nixie passed her son in the corridors and saw the mixture of confusion and something else on his face that she couldn't quite pinpoint.