Chapter Sixty One

"You know, surprisingly, Professor Longbottom is a really good dancer! Aunt Ginny was right!" Hope told Henry and Fergus as they left the dance lesson. Henry shot her a look, as Fergus and he were left to dance with one another when she abandoned his side. "Oh come on, Guppy Puppy don't give me that look, you know I'm already going to dance with you at the Yule Ball, considering you're my date."

"I'm your date?" Henry said with a sly smirk.

"No, I'm her date." Fergus said sarcastically. "Why in the world would she take her boyfriend as her date? Don't be stupid, Henry."

"Although, if Professor Walsh isn't up to taking Professor Longbottom, I might ask him." Hope teased Henry before walking ahead. "He's extremely light on his feet."

"Well, I can't say the same for Henry here," Fergus said. "I still can't feel my right foot because someone consistently stomped it during practice."

Henry turned red. "It was confusing!"

"It's a one two step, Henry!"

"Don't pretend like you didn't step on my feet!" Henry argued. "My left big toe is bruised. Bruised!"

"Well, do you want your right toe to match your left toe?!"

"Rather than arguing about how horrible you both are at dancing, why don't you just ask Professor Longbottom for lessons?" Hope called to them.

"We have this thing called pride, you know!" Fergus called back to her.

"Then swallow it!"

Fergus gasped at her response before turning to Henry in shock. "Oh no, she didn't."

"Oh yes, yes she did." Henry grinned before clapping him on the back. "And she's right."

Flipping her coin up into the air and catching it, Hope busied herself in the corridors as she sat in one of the window seats, with her legs sprawled out before her, completely hidden to anyone who was at the end of the corridor. She had examined the coin over numerous times, but nothing was popping out at her, no matter how many times she looked at it. She crossed her eyes in frustration before blowing some hair out of her face, getting ready to leave when she heard the sounds of two familiar people coming down the corner.

Peeking over her shoulder, she caught sight of Teddy and Stella heading in her direction. For once, the two weren't fighting and were actually talking to each other in calm voices. She carefully tucked herself into the corner of the window seat, to remain hidden as she eavesdropped shamelessly. 

"So what Hope said was true then?"

The girl's eyes widened as she heard Stella ask the question. She certainly didn't want to be dragged into any situation. She had enough problems of her own to be suddenly brought in to the love quarrel of the Steddy Project as she called it.

"What did Hope say?" Teddy asked.

"She brought up the Amorentia-"

"Hope!"

Hope cringed in her seat, trying to make herself as small as possible.

"So, she was lying about that-"

"No!" Teddy quickly cut her off. "I mean..no...she wasn't. I actually...I actually forgot about that since it happened a few years ago, but I...it's true."

It became silent in the corridor, too silent, which made Hope wonder which one of them was now dead. She turned her head once more to get a glimpse of the body, only to see Teddy and Stella in a lip lock moment. Teddy's eyes were wide for a second, as it seemed Stella had taken the initiative to kiss him first. But slowly his eyes closed as he returned the kiss as well. Hope silently cheered in her seat before quietly picking herself up and hurrying down the corridor.

Remus was in his office grading several papers from his third years, when he heard the sounds of happy skipping coming towards his office. He set his quill down and folded his hands, expectantly waiting his granddaughter's arrival. Seconds later, Hope appeared in the door with a wide grin.

"Wow, seems like you were expecting me?" She said walking in.

"I can usually sense when you're coming." Remus told her. "What's going on? Are you in trouble with Prof-"

"No, I'm not here for an alibi. Although, Henry and I might need you next Tuesday-"

"What's happening next Tuesday?!" Remus said looking at her.

"Never you mind that, Grandpa Rem Rem. You'll find out when the time is right." She hopped into the chair and sat before him, only his desk separating the two Lupins.

"Well, what is it then?" Remus sighed, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

"I know something you don't know." She said in a sing-song voice.

"Yes, that's usually the case, Hope. Are you going to tell me?"

"Are you going to guess?"

"No." Remus said flatly.

"That just takes the fun out of it, Grandpa." Hope said as she folded her arms.

"Yes, but I always guess wrong and then you yell it out. Can't we skip that part?"

"No."

Remus sighed. "Alright, fine. Let me guess, you figured out the second task?"

"STEDDY IS HAPPENING!" Hope blurted out loudly.

Remus blinked several times in silence. "I'm sorry, Steddy what is that?"

"It's Stella and Teddy..." Hope placed up each of her index fingers and then placed them side by side. "Becoming one."

"Oh Merlin, Hope, you're beginning to sound like Nixie here, look if they happen to get together, then they will, but you shouldn't be meddling-"

"They were snogging in the corridors!" Hope said standing up in her chair with a happy stance. Remus looked close to fainting as his face became pale. "Isn't it great?"

She looked down to her grandfather, who buried his face into his hands. "You don't seem very enthusiastic about this?"

"I'm happy, Hope. But we really need to work on how you word things."

"I call it like I see it, Grandpa Remmy."

"I know, that's what we need to work on, sweetheart."

"Nah, I like cutting to the chase." Hope said. "Anyways, just thought I'd let you know that things are going steady for Stella and Teddy." With a laugh, Hope hopped off the chair and strolled out of the office casually.

Remus sat quietly in his office for a couple of minutes, sitting still at his desk, unsure of what to do with the new information. 

All he knew was, he owed Nixie two galleons.

"Damn."