Chapter Forty

Ever since the confession of their feelings for each other, things returned back to normal between Henry and Hope, in the sense that they were free to act the usual way they did around each other. Which was a relief not only to them, but everyone involved in their lives, the stress of the matter was over, and the only remaining stress that remained between the two, was how to go about sharing their first kiss. Henry had gone in for the kiss back when they confessed their feelings but it was obvious Hope wasn't ready just yet. After all, she had been caught completely off guard by Benji's kiss the first time that happened.

Henry was slightly confused by her sudden shyness when it came to the kiss as Hope had been the one to give him his first kiss back when they were only five years old. She had walked right up to him and kissed him right on the lips. The Hope before him, constantly blushed whenever he greeted her with a kiss on the cheek, which only made him smile more. He wasn't going to pressure her, when the time was right, he knew it would happen one way or another, whether it was him kissing her or her kissing him.

The boy was just happy that all the drama had been settled between them, and he was even happier that Hope allowed him to hold her hand as they walked through the corridors to class.

No one in Hope's family or Henry's family seemed all that surprised when they find out about the young couple. In fact, the only thing that surprised the group was how long it had taken in the first place.

"Called it. I called it. Before anyone else." Sirius claimed as he looked to Nixie and then to Remus.

"You so did not." Nixie said. "I'm the one who called it while you and Remus were busy picking at your arses."

"Hey." Remus glanced up from his work in his office. 

"Sorry." Nixie told him. "But really, I'm the one who called. Remember? That day in the Great Hall? While you two were in denial, I was the one already seeing it through."

"Fine, well I was the first to agree." Sirius said folding his arms.

Nixie patted the top of his head. "Good for you, sweetheart. Good for you."

Remus and Nixie smiled as Sirius began thumping his foot against the floor as she continued to pet him.

"A little to the left...lower...lower...lower..."

"Sirius!" Remus scolded the man. "I'm still in here, this is my office, remember?"

"Sorry, Professor Dover, would you like to have a conference in my office?" Sirius asked her.

Nixie laughed and shook her head. "No, I would not, Professor Black." She turned her attention back to Remus.

"How did Ellie and Fred take to the news of the two dating?" She asked the man.

"Well," Remus placed down his quill. "Ellie was fine with the whole idea. I think Fred was alright with the idea, but he kept saying something about an initiation process, and I have no idea what that involves and I don't think I want to know either. Tonks, of course, was over the moon."

He glanced up to see Nixie and Sirius smiling.

"Not a word out of you two."

"We didn't say anything." Sirius grinned.

"Didn't even think of anything." Nixie replied.

"I don't believe that for a second, but nonetheless, everyone seems to be happy with it."

"Right, next up Stella and Teddy, Elliot and Eliza and we're all set." Nixie stated.

The two men looked at her.

"What?" She peered up at them. "Fine, I guess I'll call it now."

"You do realize that Stella and Teddy can't stand the mere sight of each other right?" Remus looked at her.

"Right, and do you remember a couple that was very similar to that?" Nixie folded her arms.

"I remember two, now that you've mentioned it. "Remus became pale. "Oh Merlin..."

Hope sat comforting a devastated Fergus, as it had been announced due to the Triwizard Tournament, that Quidditch Season had been canceled and the boy wasn't taking it well at all.

"There, there, Fergie. Let it all out." She patted the boy's back.

"That can't cancel quidditch!" He cried. "They just can't. It's the whole reason I come to school."

"I was feeling bad, but now I just pity you.' Hope chuckled at him. "Relax, it's not the end of the world. Besides, this frees you up!"

"For what?" Fergus looked over at her.

"Uh, hello, for the Tournament. Now you, Henry and I can be a team and enter. Hopefully, hehe, we'll-"

"Are you mad?" Fergus screeched. 'We can't join the tournament, did you hear your grandfather? Professor Dover? They'll kill you two if you enter."

"Nah, they're just being dramatic." Hope waved off his worry. "Don't worry about them."

"I have to, if they kill you, we're down a Beater."

"Will you stop thinking of quidditch for a second!?"

"I can't help it!"

"Well try!" She said.

"Please stop shaking me!"

"What is with the Lupin genetics and shaking people?" Henry asked as he came upon his girlfriend and best friend sitting in the corridor.

"Make her stop, I'm getting dizzy." Fergus pleaded.

Henry held his hand out to Hope, to distract her from shaking the boy any further. She released him, and turned to Henry with a smile.

"Why are you shaking him?" he asked.

'Because he's worrying over nothing." Hope replied.

"Uh, Henry please talk some sense into her. She's trying to still join the tournament."

Fergus looked at him, only to see Henry look in every direction except meeting his gaze.

"You're considering it too? But your mum and dad-"

"Well, it's really Mum." Henry said. "Dad seemed pretty cool with it."

"Yeah, my dad too." Hope said. "And Uncle George. Although, I'm pretty sure Mum doesn't know."

'I can't believe you two are actually going to try and enter this thing!" Fergus gripped at his hair. "Why? Why? Why?"

"Why not?" the other two replied.

"It's dangerous, for one. Two, it's dangerous, and three, it's dangerous."

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Hope looked to him. "Did you say it was dangerous?"

Fergus growled at her before picking himself up and leaving the two alone in the corridor.

"That went well." Henry sighed.

"Looks like we're not a team member." Hope frowned. 

"That means we're going to have to recruit another team member in order to enter." Henry told her.

Hope thought for a moment before an idea came to mind. "That may not be as difficult as we think. I think I know just the person too, with her on the team, there's no way we could lose."

"Who?"