Chapter Twenty

Henry entered the Herbology classroom early to find Herbology Professor Neville Longbottom tending to one of the plants with a happy smile on his face. His wife and Potions Master, Kefira Walsh-Longbottom stood beside him with her arms folded and smile on her face as she watched him tenderly care for the plant.

He sat down and watched the two until he saw Hope walk in with her book in hers, holding it against her chest. The two looked at each other and immediately, Hope looked completely conflicted whether to sit by him or somewhere else. But before Henry could call out to her, Hope was approached by the two professors as they asked her questions pertaining to her parents or something else that Henry didn't hear.

He waited for the professors to stop talking as he planned on telling her to sit with him, but the class began to fill in and the seats around him were taken. He groaned before dropping his head down on the table.

Kefira left the greenhouse after kissing Neville's cheek leaving the Professor red in the face as proceeded with the lesson.

While Henry was supposed to be focusing on the discussion of Incendio Tria charm to produce fire that would be much stronger against Incendio and Incendio Duo, but he didn't hear any of it. He continued to steal glances in his best friend's direction, watching as Hope sat, her eyes focused down on her book. He frowned, knowing very well that he was the cause of his friend's boredom. They always sat together in class to keep each other entertained and now that they were separated, everything felt completely wrong.

He just wanted to get up in the middle of class and move his seat over to her to keep her company.

So he did.

Hope and the rest of the class looked up to see Henry move his seat and tucked himself in between her and the girl that was sitting beside her.

Professor Longbottom watched in confusion but said nothing as Henry remained silent and provided him with his attention.

The professor cleared his throat while adjusting the collar of his shirt.

"As I was saying..."

"What are you doing?" Hope whispered to Henry as she turned to face him.

"I'm sitting." Henry replied.

"But you were sitting over there?" she pointed to his original spot.

"And now I'm sitting here." He smiled. A smile broke on her face.

"So you are. Does that mean everything is cool between us?"

"Of course."

"Good." she sighed in relief. "You're sure, right?"

"I'm sure, Hope."

"Nice to meet you Sure, I'm Hope."

'For Merlin's sake, Hope!"

"I'm sorry, they kinda just build up over time...I CAN'T HELP IT!"

The class fell silent again as everyone looked at the two.

Henry smiled at everyone. "Happens to the best of us."

Remus and Sirius were waiting to find one of the two or both of them. However, Remus was entirely surprised to see the two walking together after Herbology class was let out.

"Seems they resolved things on their own." Remus smiled.

"Oh I think not, Moony." Sirius said walking in the direction of the two teens.

"Sirius..wait..no..don't do it!" Remus called after him. But it was too late as he approached Henry and Hope.

Casually the man wrapped his arm around Hope's shoulder, pushing his son away.

"Come, Little Lupin Weasley Spawn, walk with me, talk with me."

"Dad?" Henry had a bewildered expression on his face as his father and Hope walked away leaving him alone in the corridor, completely confused.

Suddenly, Remus walked over to him and stood beside him.

"What just happened?" Henry asked the man.

Remus rubbed his face before shaking his head. "I don't have an answer, Henry."

"Um...Paddy, I'm all for spending quality time but you know...Henry and I were about to get lunch." Hope went to look over her shoulder but Sirius blocked her view.

"Lunch can wait, let's talk about you."

"What?"

"How have you been as of late?" He asked.

"Fine, I guess?"

"You guess?"

"Yes.' Hope nodded. "Are you okay? Do you want me to find Nixie?"

"No, not at all, I'm fine.  Is everything okay between you and Henry?"

"Yes...that's why we were on our way to lunch." She stood on the tips of her toes and reached her hand up to touch Sirius' forehead.

"What are you doing?" Sirius asked her.

"Look, Paddywhack, I know you're weird, but this is a whole new level for you."

"I'm trying to make sure all is right with the world. You're welcome, World!" Sirius called down the corridor causing other students to look in their direction.

Hope took Sirius's hand and led him down the opposite way.

"Where are you taking me?" Sirius asked.

"To Nixie. Maybe she can help you."

"I don't need help!" Sirius said.

Hope came to a halt and looked at the man. "Oh sweetheart," she patted his hand. "It's going to be okay. Hopey is going to take care of you until we get to Nixie."

"Unhand me!"

"Stop fighting it!"

Henry sat beside Remus in the window seat and looked over at the Professor.

"I don't know what's been happening lately." Henry confessed to the man. "It's just...every time I see Hope hanging out with him..it irritates me."

"Well, that's understandable, Henry. It's always been the two of you. You two practically do everything together."

"So how come I don't get upset when Elliot and Teddy hang out with her? Or other people? It's just when McGregor is around her."

Remus smiled with a chuckle.

"Uh.. a laugh doesn't really answer the question."

"I think you'll figure the answer out on your own soon enough, Henry."

"Or you could just tell me."

"I could...but this is much more fun."