Chapter Forty Seven

Henry could tell that Hope was more than disappointed that they weren't going to attempt to join the Triwizard Tournament that year. No matter what she said or how much she smiled, the boy knew her all too well to believe that she was just going to let the opportunity go so easily. To cheer her up, he decided on the upcoming full moon before the selection of the teams, that they would head down to the lake for some fun. He still didn't get the chance to talk to her about what he wanted to, and with the two being alone, he was sure he would be able to talk to her and sort things out. 

Working on her Ancient Runes homework in the Great Hall to free up her evening with Henry, Hope worked diligently to get it down, when she felt someone sit across from her. She saw Stella sitting across from her, her face not in her usual scowl or irritated look that she normally wore.

"Hey Stella...where's Eliza?" She asked.

"She's in class right now." Stella responded dropping her chin into the palm of her hand. Hope glanced around for a moment, before turning back to her cousin.

"Are you okay?"

"Look at me, Hope, do I look okay to you?"

"Actually, that question was just a conversation starter, which is what I assumed you wanted me to do since you sat with me. Although, I don't know why you're seeking comfort from me other than the fact that we're family, because we all know my advice is not very sound. Even if it is entertaining."

A small smile appeared on Stella's lips, but she said nothing as she rubbed her arms.

"This wouldn't have to do anything with Teddy, would it?" Hope asked her, lifting her quill and continuing her work, trying to figure out several scripture interpretations. She was also wondering where Henry was as he was the one who was supposed to be working with her. But she wasn't too surprise as he was normally late for everything.

When Stella didn't answer, Hope sighed and dropped her quill to give her cousin her full attention.

"So it does. What's going on? You two have been acting incredibly weird. I haven't heard a death threat emit from either one of you in forever. It's not natural. Are you sick?"

She went to touch Stella's forehead but the girl smacked Hope's hand away.

"No, I'm not sick, Hope."

"Then what's going on? And don't say nothing, or Henry and I will make your life a living hell for the rest of the week."

Stella shifted uncomfortably in her seat before sighing and placing her hands on the table.

"Have you spoken with Teddy about any of this?"

"I haven't spoken to him since he practically went badger mode on me when Ilvermorny and Durmstrang arrived." Hope said. "Mainly because I haven't seen him much. But Henry said he's been out of sorts too, so what's the deal between you two because you're driving the rest of us mental. I can't afford to become any more mental than I already am."

"Has Teddy ever mentioned me in a different way to you?"

Hope raised a brow. "I'm not following."

"I mean...he...he's so stupid and confusing!"

"Okay, well at least we're back to insulting, that's a good start. That's some form of normalcy between you two."

"He's been teasing me ever since we were babies practically and then, he just comes out of the blue and...and..."

Hope finally grew frustrated with her impatience and climbed onto the table, grabbing her cousin's shoulders, shaking the Slytherin girl.

"Out with it, woman! Can't you see I'm trying to do homework!"

The two stared at each other for a minute before Hope dropped her hands, still sitting on the Gryffindor table.

"Sorry 'bout that." She said. "I'm not sure what came over me. Anyways, what's going on, Stella? You can tell me."

"Teddy kissed me."

"WHAT?!"

Stella watched as Hope's eyes widened as she moved back only to fall off the table completely backwards.

"Hope!" The older Weasley girl jumped to her feet and looked over to see Hope on the floor again.

"I'm okay, I think.  There's always been colorful circles floating around the Great Hall right?"

"Ugh this is why I didn't want to say anything."

Hope propped herself up on her elbows and looked right at her. "He kissed you? When?"

"The day Ilvermorny and Durmstrang arrived."

"Well...that's...that's great? Isn't it?" 

Hope was terribly confused. After dedicating a good solid two hours to homework before Stella showed up, her mind was in a fragile place.

"No! It's terrible!" Stella huffed sitting back down. 

"Why?" Hope asked helping herself up and sitting back down on the bench.

"Because I kissed him back." Stella replied looking down.

"I'm still trying to find the bad here, do you mind drawing me a map and directing me towards it because-"

"Hope, come on, don't you think he's just doing this to be ...Teddy? Since when has he liked me? You know all the things he has said in the past. All of a sudden, he likes me? I don't think so. He likes Victoire, he's just doing it to mess with my emotions."

"Stella, Teddy's a git, but he's not that big of a git. If he kissed you, it's because he likes you. He hasn't kissed Victoire to my knowledge, don't you think he would have if he liked her more than you?"

"He only did it because he wanted to ruin my chances with Daniel Nott. I know it. He waited until Daniel was talking to me to do it...doesn't that say anything?"

"Says that he was probably jealous?"

"Ugh Hope, you're so stupid!" Stella huffed before leaving the table angrily.

"Yeah, I'm the stupid one. Sure. We'll see later on when you two are snogging in the corridors."

Finally, Henry arrived to the Great Hall, however, Hope had already finished her homework by the time he showed up.

"I'm guessing I'm late."

"Yes." Hope nodded before jumping up. "Where have you been!?"

Henry's eyes wet wide as did Hope's as she lowered her hands from her hips. "Sorry, I was channeling Nana Molly right there."

"I'm sorry," Henry apologized. "But Teddy wanted to talk to me and Elliot, so we got a little wrapped up."

"Oh, is it about him kissing Stella?"

"Did you talk to Stella?"

"Yup."

"Yeah, they seem all sorts of worked up about it." Henry said. "I wasn't sure what to tell them."

"Well, don't bother telling Stella anything, she's just going to call you stupid." She grumbled.

"She's wrong though, you're not stupid. Far from it."

She grinned up at him.

"Ready to head out for some fun?" Henry asked her offering his hand. 

"Yes please!"