Chapter Ten

'Grandpa Rem Rem!"

Henry chuckled that day as Hope tackled her grandfather in the empty corridor in between their classes. They were about to head to Ancient Runes classroom early to hang around for a bit when they caught sight of Remus heading down the corridor with a book in hand, probably going over his daily lesson plans in his head.

Hope nearly caused the man to fall over as she jumped onto him.

"Hope! What are you doing?!" Remus stumbled forward.

"I'm saying hi...hi!"

Remus couldn't help but smile as he lowered Hope to place both of her feet back on the floor.

"You could just wave." Remus told her.

"I like my way better." Hope said with a bright smile.

"Hello Professor Rem Rem."

 Remus made a face at Henry as the boy approached them.

"Don't you two have class?" Remus said.

"Not currently."

"I'm going to have to do something about that..make changes to your schedules or something. Make sure you two are always busy with work." Remus teased them.

"NOOOO!" Hope whined loudly making it echo in the corridor. "You don't understand how much time we spent in the library the other night trying to finish our homework.'

"Ages." Henry added.

"It was terrible."

"Horrific."

"Dreadful."

"Awful."

"Vile."

"Atrocious."

Remus looked back and forth between the two as they went on and on. Without them realizing, he opened his book back up and continued on his way.

"Egregious." Henry said.

'Oooh, I like that one, ten points to Henry...hey..where did Grandpa Rem Rem go?"

"Some people do not appreciate the fine art of throwing synonyms back and forth."

'What a bloody shame."

"It's a tragedy really."

"Disaster."

"Calamity."

The two grinned at each other before they walked off in the direction of the classroom.

Hope stared blankly at Professor Babbling as the woman went on about the Graphorn creature and it's representation of the number two.

Henry could see his friend losing focus as she started making faces before her head dropped down onto the table completely.

"It's not that bad," he told her in a whisper.

She lifted her head up and gave him a look. "You're right, it's much worse."

"Don't you start getting dramatic again, Weasley." Henry warned her.

"When did you become so serious?"

The two snorted causing Professor Babbling to glance over in their direction.

"Oh no.." Henry mumbled as the woman approached their table, her arms folded over her chest before she stopped right in front of them. A stern expression on her face as she glanced down at the two chit-chatters in her class.

'Is there a reason as to why you two feel the need to talk during my class, Miss Weasley? Mr. Black?"

"Funny story, you see.." Hope began.

Henry groaned knowing Hope was going to get them in even more trouble.

"Henry and I were just discussing how the Graphorn could easily be used to represent half numbers."

"I beg your pardon?" Professor Babbling raised a brow at the girl. Henry gave Hope a look warning her to stop and not to continue further, not knowing exactly where she was going with the conversation.

"Well, seeing as the two horns of the Graphorn is used to represent the number two, I was just telling Henry here that perhaps if a Graphorn lost half of one horn, than it could easily represent one and half...depending on how much of a horn is lost it could be a fourth, an eighth, a half or perhaps a third..."

The classroom fell silent as all eyes fell on Hope. Henry covered his face with his hands and prepared Professor Babbling to give them a round of detention.

However, Professor Babbling just looked at Hope with an unreadable expression before turning back to the class.

"As I was saying the Graphorn..."

Henry turned to Hope who smiled to herself.

"I worry so much about what goes on up in there." he said poking her in the forehead.

"I'm worried about a Graphorn with only half a horn..these are the real problems in life, Henry." 

"Why is Teddy on the floor?" Hope asked stepping over her uncle as they found their group of friends and family outside the Entrance Hall.

"Because it's the best way to view the ceiling." Teddy responded.

"Stella?" Henry asked Elliot and Eliza.

"Stella." the two said.

"Why do you insist on pissing her off, Teds?" Hope asked kicking the bottom of the boy's shoe.

'I didn't do anything!" Teddy said lifting his head, his hair flicking a tinge of orange and red.

"Hey! Don't you go all mood ring on me!" Hope warned him.

" I do what I please, besides you can't tell me what to do, I'm your uncle."

'Mum and Grandpa said I didn't have to listen to you though." Hope said sticking her tongue out at him. "Because you're a bad influence."

"I'm a bad influence?!" Teddy said. 'The nerve....I am a perfect role model."

Everyone began laughing as Teddy had told a brilliant joke, causing Teddy to flare up and sort through a various amount of colors with his hair and eyes.

"Be careful...his Nymphadora is showing." Henry muttered to Hope under his breath.

"Don't call me Nymphadora!"

"It's your mother's name!" Elliot reminded Teddy.

"Yeah well...she doesn't like being called it either.'

"She isn't so opposed to it when I call her Nana Nymphy..." Hope said.

"Trust me," Teddy told her, ' deep down, she's killed you a million times in her head for calling her that. She just loves you too much to actually kill you."