Chapter Sixty Two

"All is well....sorta." Hope looked over to Henry as the two sat next to each other in the Great Hall. It was a joyous occasion as Stella and Teddy had finally put their bickering to the side for a minute to let each other know their true feelings for one another. It was beautiful to see them actually smiling at each other rather than attempting to rip each other to shreds. But there was still some awkwardness in the group between Eliza and Elliot. The boy expressed that he was supporting the girls in the Tournament, but it was obvious he was still not thrilled about it one bit.

The tension between the two was obvious whenever the group was gathered and with the Yule Ball announcement, there was enough tensions running through the castle. People were scrambling to get dates as if their lives depended on it, which concerned Hope with how frantic people were becoming.

"They're acting as if they'll be sent to slaughter if they go alone." Henry said. "I mean, it can't be that bad to go alone right?"

"Want to find out?" Hope teased him.

"Nope." Henry shook his head. "I actually like the idea of going with a champion, sounds very prestige, doesn't it?"

Hope chuckled and leaned into Henry's shoulder, resting her head against him.

Henry peered down at her with a smile, as the two locked eyes for a moment. He could see Hope's eyes trail down to his lips before she looked back up at him. His heart suddenly quickened in pace as he realized it was the moment he had been thinking about. They would finally be able to share their first kiss, or at least their first kiss as a couple. 

As he leaned in, he quickly noted that Hope wasn't moving away from him. They were merely centimeters away from the moment when Fergus arrived loudly, placing his bag down at the table with an exhaustive sigh.

"Remind me why we can't have quidditch season?!"

The two teens jerked away from each other, both of them completely red in the face as Fergus wasn't paying them any mind. He continued to pull things from his bag while muttering angrily to himself.

"All this downtime between tasks and you tell me we can't have one match. Load of rubbish if you ask me. All of it."

Hope looked to Henry before looking across the way and spotting one of the twins.

"There's Eliza, I need to go talk to her about this coin thing, I'll...I'll catch up with you." She told him before jumping up and leaving the table.

Fergus sat down at the table and looked across the way at Henry to continue his rant, only to see the boy glaring at him.

"What? What did I do?" He said with a baffled look as he created some distance between him and Henry.

"You..you...you ruined it!" Henry threw an accusing finger in his face.

"I ruined what? I just sat down-"

"That's how you ruined it!" Henry dropped his head to the table.

"I'm still lost here."

"Well hi Still Lost, I'm Henry, have you seen the moment? No? Oh that's because you ruined it."

Fergus rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "And that moment, I'm assuming it had to be between you and Hope?"

"Good guess."

"And what exactly did I ruin?"

"Take a wild guess, Fergus." Henry said looking up at him.

Fergus thought hard for a moment when suddenly, his eyes widened as it clicked in his mind.

"Whoa, wait a minute? You two were about to kiss?" He said in a hushed tone, leaning across the table.

"Yes! We were, at least I think we were! She wasn't pulling away and then you came barging in, complaining about quidditch."

"Oh...oops." Fergus said with an innocent smile.  "Well, if anything, you should be thanking me then."

"Why should I be thanking you?" Henry scoffed. "I was literally about to kiss my girlfriend for the first time since we were like five, but that didn't even count at the time and then you-"

"Just listen to yourself, Henry." Fergus said. "Do you really just want to have your first kiss sitting right here at the table?  That doesn't sound special-"

"Location doesn't matter! It's the fact that I'm kissing her is what makes it special!"

Fergus stared at him again. "Oh. Well, it's not like I did it on purpose!"

Henry dropped his head down onto the table and banged against it lightly. "At this rate, I'm never going to kiss her."

"Now you're just being dramatic." Fergus shook his head.

"Let me be dramatic!"

"Alright, alright. Sheesh."

"Anything on this blasted coin?" Hope asked Eliza. The girl looked up at her and shook her head.

"I'm beginning to consider your idea of just spending the bloody thing." Eliza sighed. "I'm pretty sure Durmstrang and Ilvermorny already figured it out, but I can't think of anything." 

"Did Stella come up with any theories?" 

"Stella's been a little preoccupied as of late." Eliza informed her. "New boyfriends will do that kind of thing."

"Right, well new boyfriend or not, she's one third of this team and we need to work together to figure this out."

"I agree," Eliza nodded," next time I see her I'll tell her that we need to meet up and figure this thing out. I much rather talk about this stupid coin than discuss the Yule Ball any further."

Judging by the look on her cousin's face and the tone in her voice, Eliza did not seem as thrilled about the Yule Ball as the other students.

"Can't you just ask Elliot? I'm sure it would smooth things over."

"I would have...if he didn't already ask someone else."