Chapter Twenty Six

Remus, Nixie and Sirius stood in the entrance way of the Great Hall with baffled expressions as they stared up at the ceiling of the hall.

"What in Merlin's name..." Nixie muttered to herself. "Oh those two are so dead...so dead."

Remus covered his face with his hands as he shook his head back and forth. "My father warned me about this...he warned us...and I didn't think it would be this bad...but it is."

"Bad?" Sirius repeated. "I think this is pretty great, if you ask me! I wish they were around so I could ask them how they did it-..."

He turned to see the stern gaze on his wife's face.

"I mean...when we find those two, we are going to give them a stern talking to. Just they wait!"

Hope and Henry giggled as they took shelter under the table where the Professors sat during meals and exchanged high fives as they watched the three adults along with the other faculty and students coming to "admire" their work. 

The entire Great Hall smelled incredibly sweet and chocolaty as Hope and Henry had successful managed to make it rain chocolate drops in the Great Hall. 

"I can see the anger building in my mother's face." Henry pointed out as he lowered his head to the floor, trying to appear as small as possible so they weren't caught.

"I know..it's great." Hope beamed. "It's definitely worth the detention."

"You mean detentions...you realize they are not going to let us get off that easily." Henry sighed.

"Yeah, but what's so bad about it? We'll be together." 

Henry smiled at her statement before nodding. "You're right. It was definitely worth it."

"Well, I would certainly hope so!" Nixie's face appeared as she lowered herself to look under the table.  The two screamed in surprise before scrambling out from underneath the table to run, but they were each caught. Sirius kept his hold on the back of Hope's shirt as she tried to run, while Henry had been caught by Remus.

"Hi Mummy...Hi Daddy.." Henry looked up at his parents, hoping for some form of mercy.

Hope looked across the way at her grandfather. "Hi Grandpa Rem Rem."

Looking down at the smiles on the two teenagers faces, the three had to look away in order not to smile. They couldn't give the two special treatment, because if any other had student had done what they did, they wouldn't be met with favoritism. 

"You two are in big trouble." Nixie said as she kept her head turned to the side.

"Yes, very big trouble. " Remus said, as he looked at the floor.

Henry and Hope glanced at each other as Sirius brought himself to stare up at the ceiling.

"What they said."

'What are they doing?" Hope mouthed to Henry as they noticed the odd behavior of the three.

Henry shrugged his shoulders.

"You two don't even know what's coming, but to start you're going to start by cleaning all of this!" Nixie told them.

Henry and Hope groaned loudly.

"Is that whining?"

The two immediately stopped as the mermaid gave them a stern glare.

"You're mother is incredibly scary when she makes that face." Hope shuddered as she rung out her mop into the bucket before her. "I'm beginning to think she's not half mermaid, but half piranha or something." 

Henry snorted loudly along with Hope, however the two looked over in the direction where they were being watched by Nixie as they cleaned up the mess. She looked up from her papers and gave the two a look. They quickly got back to work.

"Or a shark." Hope whispered.

Remus returned to see how Hope and Henry were fairing under Nixie's supervision as they had to clean the entire Great Hall of their mess. Nixie was standing in the doorway of the Great Hall when he arrived.

"Did they finish?" Remus asked her.

"They certainly did." Nixie answered.

"Are they alive, it's awfully quiet for the two of them to be in there especially together."

"They certainly are. Look for yourself."

Remus peered in and saw the two sound asleep on the floor, leaning against the wall near the Gryffindor table. A small smile appeared on his face as a memory flickered before him.

'Why are you smiling like that?" Nixie asked him curiously.

"Oh it's nothing, it's just seeing the two of them like that, reminded me of something that happened a long time ago back when I first started working here as a professor."

The image of Eleanor and Fred falling asleep after serving their detention after the Everlasting Goop incident made Remus chuckle to himself  and he knew he was going to have to inform his daughter of that one when he saw her again during the summer.

Henry was tucked in his bed later on that evening , his body sore from all the work and since he was exhausted, it didn't take him long to fall asleep after a shower.

Fergus came into the room after his shower and was about to climb into his bed when he heard Henry talking to himself in his sleep. The other boys in the room were asleep, leaving it only on him to confirm what Henry was saying. The boy tiptoed over quietly with a small grin on his face, thrilled that he was able to finally gather something to use against Henry after he and Hope had taunted him for so long.

However, as he heard the words that left the boy's mouth, Fergus froze in shock.

Even Fergus wasn't that cruel to use that against the boy. He just never realized that Henry cared so much for Hope.