12. TRAPPED IN MY OWN HEAD

I opened my eyes, expecting to be in my room, only to see I was somewhere completely different.

My brother's body was laying on the other side of the building and I quickly rushed over, dropping to my knees.

"Dev." I shook him, "Dev, wake up."

This can't have been real. It can't have. I saw Devin, when I was at Angelo's house. He was fine...

Seeing his limp, unresponsive body made me want to scream. He was fine when I last saw him, what could've changed?

I looked up, my vision blurry from the tears that fought to escape, "Help! Somebody, please, help!"

A door opened, and I could hear chatter coming from it.

I stood up and ran through it, "Help, my-"

I cut myself off as I looked around the room, seeing all eyes were on me.

It was a completely different place. This room had light, lots of light, and people in fancy dresses and suits. It was almost like a ball, or something.

Turning back around, I went to open the door, only to see it was locked. I banged on it, attracting more attention.

From there, I knew this was a dream. I don't know how, but I knew it was fake. If something were to happen to Devin, someone would've told me. I would've–should've– known.

After walking around the room for a good half hour, some people still looking at me, I walked to the front door and headed straight out of it.

Again, the scenery changed. It was pouring rain, and the streets were empty. At least I thought so, anyways.

I stood in the middle of the road, turning my head to see dozens of people standing a few metres away, blood dripping from the corner of their mouth.

One took a step forward and I took one back, repeating the process before I spun around and ran.

I knew there was no point of running, they'd probably end up catching me. I was scared, of course. My heart was beating so hard and fast, I could barely even breathe.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a house. I don't know why I moved to that house in particular, but something drew me to it. Something pulled me closer.

I slammed the door shut, my hair and clothes dripping from the rain.

"Ricky!" I heard a voice call from the other side of the house, Ryan later emerging from one of the rooms.

He chuckled at my dripping appearance and made his way to me, "You look like shit." He said before lightly kissing me.

My eyes widened, the gesture shocking me.

Something about it felt right. It really did. I couldn't react, though, because I was so surprised. I never exactly saw Ryan and I ever ending up like this, but it dawned on me that it wouldn't be so bad if we did.

Was this actually real, and everything about my brother and the guys being some supernatural, paranormal thing fake? I didn't know, but I wasn't exactly opposed to this.

He pulled away, frowning, "Are you okay? You seem a little.. off."

I shook my head, then nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just had a crazy ass dream."

He smiled, "Okay."

He turned, ready to walk away before I grabbed his hand and pulled him back, my eyes widening at the black band that sat on my ring finger.