15. MEMORIES

I woke with a small gasp, my forehead covered in small beads of sweat.

Memories were becoming a common thing. For the past few days, I had learnt a lot about the past Ryan and I held. With all of this going on, I completely forgot about Phil and Tara. It's not like they've been around much, anyways. The only one who has been staying with me is Ryan. Occasionally Devin would, but I'd rather not have him here when Phil and Tara come back. If they come back.

"What's wrong?" Ryan asked, his voice groggy from sleep.

"I just.. I had a memory, that's all." I answered, lying back down.

He turned to me, "Good or bad?"

I bit my lip, "Bad... We were arguing about something. I don't remember what, but I hit you.."

He sighed and pulled me closer to him, "Don't worry about that. That was just after we started dating, so it was a little rough, but we got through it. Promise."

I rested my head on his chest, letting out my own sigh, "I'm sorry for hitting you."

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to my head, "The past is the past. It's fine."

Several minutes passed of Ryan playing with my hair before I finally fell asleep again.

It took me seconds to realise I was dreaming a memory.

Ryan and I sat across from each other, both smiling as we finished the last of our dinner.

Slowly, he stood up, walking to me and holding a hand out.

Frowning, I placed my hand in his, letting him pull me up and against his chest.

"Happy birthday, Ricky." He mumbled, leaning down to peck my lips.

I smiled and pulled back, "You really went all out with this, didn't you?"

He chuckled and took a look around, "Nah, you deserved it. After all these years, I've been thinking a lot. I know, I should've done this a long time ago, but I never had he guts. But, um..." He but his lip and reached into his back pocket, pulling out a small box.

My eyes widened as he opened it, revealing a black ring.

My lips parted in surprise. I was at a loss for words. We may've been dating for over one hundred years, but marriage was considered a big thing. Marriage with Ryan, though, was like a dream. I wasn't going to pass this down, because I was more than sure Ryan was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Tears brimming my eyes, I nodded my head, grinning.

He blushed, smiling as he grabbed the ring and placed it on my ring finger.

He didn't need to say any of those fancy words other people do. He didn't need to make it super cliché, because I was going to say yes regardless.

Ryan wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, attaching his lips to mine.

Slowly, I kissed back, draping my arms around his neck and stepping even closer.

Without hesitation, my lips parted, just enough for him to slip his tongue in and take control of the kiss.

Ryan bent down and placed a hand at the back of my knees and one around my waist, picking me up bridal style and walking me to our bedroom.

Finally, we made it to our bed. He carefully placed me down and crawled on top of me, switching gears to kiss and nip at my neck.

Minutes later, our clothes were shed, our naked bodies pressed against each other, the only thing audible our moans.

With one hand keeping him up, Ryan ran a hand down my side, stopping at my thigh and lightly gripping that.

He broke away from the kiss, his eyes locked on mine before he slowly leant back down.

My fingers ran through his long hair and tugged at it as he-

"Ricky, wake up."

Groaning, I rolled over, "Let me sleep."

Great. Of course it had to be a memory leading to sex. But, I will admit, I truly wished I actually remembered it, because it seemed like one of our best memories. Ryan did say he'd help me remember, so maybe it won't feel so weird to know these things.

"No, Rick, you have school."

I huffed and rolled onto my back, opening one eye, "Can I take the day off?"

He raised an eyebrow, "No, school's important."

I sat up and glared at him, "I'm not dumb, Ryan. I know most of those things anyways. Besides, what's one day going to do? Fail me on all of my assignments?"

He pursed his lips, "Fine, but we're not sitting around all day."

"What do you plan on doing?"

"It's a surprise." He smirked, throwing a shirt on.

"I hate surprises." I grumbled and crossed my arms over my bare chest.

His smirk grew as he threw me a shirt, "I know."

"Jackass."