17. COREY FUCKING TAYLOR

Ryan and I sat cuddled on the couch, laughing at old photos and videos of each other.

Turns out I was a cat person, and Ryan hated that. He also used to have long hair, and bare skin. That all changed. Same with my hair and skin. All I can say on the situation is that I'm glad I don't have blond hair anymore. Black looks better.

It was odd watching old videos of us. I don't smile nearly as much as I did then. Maybe it's because I didn't have parents like...

"Wait," I paused the video, then looked up at Ryan, "Phil and Tara.. How do they fit in with this all? How do they...?"

He shook his head, rubbing small patterns on my hip to try and comfort me, "I can only imagine they had their memories wiped. Where they are now, I don't know. Ricky, I really am sorry for everything you've been through in that time. I really am."

I offered him a small smile, "It's fine, Ry. I'm just glad you did find me."

He blushed, "I'd do anything to get you back, Ricky."

I grinned, "You're blushing."

Ryan scoffed and turned his head to the side,"Shut up."

"Aw," I cooed, moving so I was sitting in his lap, "You are."

He looked towards me and glared before grabbing my hips and throwing me back onto the couch.

He smirked and quickly jumped on top of me, causing me to giggle lightly.

"Are you still ticklish?"

My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head, "No- Ryan!"

I squirmed from beneath him, trying my best to escape his grip.

Slowly but surely, he stopped, his breathing heavy as he stared down at me.

"I love you, Ricky," He whispered, "I know you don't remember, but I do. And... I love you. I didn't tell you that enough when we were together."

I smiled and raised a hand to run it through his hair, "I may not remember everything, Ry, but I do remember some parts. I can see how much I love you. I can feel it, even. I just.."

He shook his head and kissed my forehead, "It's fine. Just wait until you're ready."

Ryan moved back onto the couch, but pulled me into his lap and played the video again.

Like I said, I didn't remember. Obviously it was hard for me to tell someone I loved them when I only knew small things about them. But, we were married. Most people would jump straight into that and instantly think they're in love, but I need to find what made me fall in love and work my way from there. With some things, it was easy.

Ryan had one of those smiles. No matter how shitty you were feeing, his smile always eased the feeling and brought a new one in. Ryan wasn't one for bullshit, and I respected that. He was honest, no matter how cold the truth may've been. I wasn't one for bullshitting either, really. One of the many things we had in common.

"How'd we meet?" I asked, frowning at the screen that showed us at our wedding.

He chuckled, and I could feel him shaking his head, "You punched me because you thought I tried to hit your ass, but you were in front of the bathroom door. At least a year or so passed before we met again. The second time, you hit me because I accidentally knocked Devin over," He sighed, though it was more of a dreamy one, "You broke my nose, and ended up taking me to your house to help me with it. From there we just sort of clicked, I guess."

I raised an eyebrow, looking up at him, "How many times have I hit you?"

He shrugged, "A couple dozen."

"Have you ever hit me?"

"No," He shook his head, "I can't lay a finger on you in that way. Outside of the bedroom, that is."

I blushed, but also felt bad.

Out of the, what most likely was, hundred times I hit Ryan, he hadn't hit me once. If he was as bitchy as me, I would've hit him. But he never hit me. He was too nice. Even if he looked like an angry, attractive, tan, grinch.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure move, causing me to jump off of Ryan.

"Ryan!" I blurted, my eyes wide at the man that stood metres away.

He looked familiar. Strangely familiar, even. He was slightly buff, causing the veins in his arms to pop out as he clenched his fists.

"Corey..." Ryan trailed off, looking at Corey with sad eyes.

He turned to Ryan, glaring slightly, "I'm sorry, Ryan. I truly am, but you have no idea what is at stake for me if I don't go through with this. It's been this way for hundreds of years."

Corey lifted a hand, but Ryan held one out.

"Wait!" He swallowed thickly, drawing in a shaky breath, "If you let us, we can help you. Just, please, don't hurt him. I can't go through with this again."

Corey shook his head, "I said I was sorry. But I can't lose my family. He has to die."

"No," Ryan stepped forward, pulling me behind him, "Please. We can help you. I know you've been thinking about my offer since the first time we met. Just... Don't hurt Ricky. I'll help you get them back. We both can."

Corey scoffed, "You don't get it, do you? Ricky is a threat to almost every creature in, not only this world, but others. He wasn't born normally. He's got nine lives. I've ended seven. Two more and neither of us have to worry about anything."

Again, Corey lifted a hand, clenching his fist.

Suddenly, I felt a pain in my chest, causing me to gasp and fall to the ground.

"Ricky!"

I coughed, trying to catch my breath.

The pain producing in my chest was stronger than any pain Phil or Tara had ever caused for me. This pain felt as if someone had a hold of my heart and was squeezing the life out of it.

Slowly, I closed my eyes, giving up on trying to catch my breath, and trying to steady it, instead. As I did so, the pain started to cease, but it didn't leave.

"Holy shit..."