19. CAN'T

DEVIN

I sat with my legs draped over Vinny's, my head on his shoulder as we stared at the screen playing 'Creepshow'.

He complained that it was old and stupid, but I got a kick out of it. I mean, if you're going to escape from something that can kill you, you don't rub it in when you think you're safe.

As we neared the part where the bullies would get eaten by the fly traps, Vinny starts playing with my fingers, making me giggle slightly.

"What're you doing?" I asked, looking up at him with a smile.

He shrugged, blushing, "I don't know.."

I kissed his cheek, "You're cute when you blush, Vin."

"I'm not cute." He mumbled, frowning.

I leaned up more and pecked his lips, "You are. Now, hush, it's got a few minutes left."

Vinny grumbled something under his breath and quickly pushed my legs off of his lap. He jumped onto me, glaring.

I raised an eyebrow at him, then tried to look past him.

He moved the same way, blocking the TV from me, "Sorry, am I in your way?"

I glared up at him, "You were, yes."

Vinny grinned and moved off of my lap when he heard the end credits, causing my glare to deepen.

After studying him for seconds, I pushed him so he was lying on his back, then crawled on top of him.

He looked up at me with innocent eyes, "What're you doing?"

"I don't know." I mocked, then leaned down and pressed my lips to his.

He smiled and slowly kissed back, resting a hand on the back of my neck.

I pulled away, grinning, "Y'know, Josh and Ricky will be pissed if we do anything more than kiss."

"Does making out exceed that?" He asked, still smiling.

I shrugged, "They'll live."

Before Vinny and I could do anything more, Josh stepped into the lounge room, gagging at our position.

I rolled my eyes, not moving, "Where were you?"

"Bank." He answered, pouting.

Vinny turned his head to look at Josh, "Why?"

"I owe girl Ryan a hundred bucks because you two got together."

I bit my lip, holding back a laugh, "Fucking hell. Okay, go now."

He stuck his tongue out at me and quickly left, allowing Vinny and I to pick up from where we left off.

Josh and Ricky always made fun of Vinny and I. Those two were best friends, and we were related to one of them, so they'd team up and make as much fun as they could of Vinny and I.

Vinny was sweet. I don't know how he's related to Josh. Vinny and I have always been friends since I can first remember, but I never really thought we'd actually be a couple. We would joke about it all the time, but I never saw it happening. I guess I'm glad it did, because Vinny's probably the best thing that happened to me. He doesn't treat me like every other guy did in the past.
• • •

Vinny and I were lying on the couch, cuddled up to each other whilst watching 'The Cell'.

Vinny didn't mind the whole concept of the movie. In fact, I think it made him pretty scared. When I first saw it, I got scared to go on my phone for two whole days. It didn't surprise me when he practically hid his phone under the couch after putting it on silent.

The movie did have a strong point, though. In today's society, humans revolve around their cell phones. You won't find a single person without something connecting them to their phone when walking down the street. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if some virus was released and everyone who listened to something through their phone went mental. I can tell you, if that were to happen, the world would crumble. It's those days you'd wish you went to boarding schools.

As the movie slowly came to an end, Vinny's eyes widening at the horde of 'people', Ryan bursted through the door, his breathing heavy.

I lifted myself off of Vinny, frowning at him, "Where's Ricky?"

He shook his head, running a hand through his hair, "I don't know.. He-He... I told him to go, because he... I don't know where he is."

I stood up, "What do you mean you don't know, Ryan? You either do or you don't!"

"I don't!" He snapped, "He almost killed Corey and I, and I told him to leave. I fucking regret it, I do, because he could be anywhere, and I don't know if he's okay!"

I scoffed at his excuse and shook my head, pushing past him and leaving the house with my coat in my hand.

I couldn't believe him. Ryan did usually blame himself for things that weren't his fault, but he lost my fucking brother. I don't care whether he could've died or not, because he didn't. Besides, Ricky would never hurt Ryan. Not intentionally, anyways. Those two loved each other more than anything. They wouldn't do anything to hurt each other. No matter what the circumstances were...

• • •

I pulled my coat tighter around my body, my breaths coming out in small air puffs as the moon started to take over the sun's job.

I don't know how many hours I spent looking for him, but it was a long time. No one had come after me, and I didn't blame them. Not even Vin.

When I leave, they knew I wanted to go alone. If I wanted help, I'd ask for it. I didn't need their help, though. Especially not Ryan's.

I loved him like I loved Ricky–well, not as much– but I could never tolerate it when he broke Ricky in any way. Like any relationship, there were ups and downs, but Ricky and Ryan always made it through it together. This, though... This sounded different.

Cutting my thoughts short, I heard a small whimper, followed by Ricky whispering my name.

I turned my head to the side, my eyes widening at the sight of him curled up in a ball against an alley wall.

"Ricky." I quickly rushed to him, holding his tear stained face in my hands, "What happened?"

He sniffed, shaking his, "Ryan.. Is he okay? Did he make it back home in one piece?"

I frowned, nodding, "Yeah, he's fine. What the hell happened?"

"I dunno," He mumbled, "He just... When I woke up, he was bleeding from his head. It was real bad, too."

"It's not as bad as you think, Ricky," I whispered, pulling him in for a hug, "It's not."

If there was one thing Ricky and Ryan had in common aside from the love they held, it was that they blamed themselves too much.

Ricky wasn't as dangerous as he let on. He can't have been. He was like Vinny, only a little harder on everything. They could both kill, easily, but never would they hurt the ones they love. Especially when it came to Ryan with Ricky.

A/N: Shitty chapter, I know, but I have the last few chapters of the book drafted, and I feel as if they combined are the worst. 😂🔫