168. mashton

'you have the best best friend in the whole wide world.' luke sang as he plopped on the couch next to ashton who paused his show and lifted an eyebrow
'please provide explanation because i highly disagree.'
'fuck you.' luke pouted and ashton grinned and rolled his eyes before luke smiled
'i'm the best best friend because you see these?'
he held up two pieces of paper and ashton cocked an eyebrow for the second time
'tickets?' then he groaned 'luke if this is another dumb musical about something completely unrealistic like a fucking american congressman rapping his songs--'
'hamilton is the best off broadway musical ever!' he gasped and ashton groaned
'luke i swear to god if i have to sit through another musical i'm gonna kick you in the balls.'
'what's up your ass?'
ashton glared at him and frowned 'what are the goddamn tickets for?'
'they're for blink.' he frowned at him and ashton fell quiet, then he attacked luke and squealed
'I LOVE YOU!! I LOVE YOU!'
'yeah yeah fuck you.'
'you're my best best friend ever i love you i love you.'
'did i mention they're on the floor?'
ashton quieted and screamed, tackling luke off the couch and onto the floor, kissing his cheek a billion times repeatedly
'ew! stop kissing me!' he laughed, shoving him off and ashton smirked on the floor next to him
'sorry i'm not a dark haired and dark eyed, half maori boy.' he said and luke flushed pink and grinned 'holy shit you are so whipped, i didn't even say his goddamn name.'
luke just chuckled.

all the, small things, true care, truth brings, i'll take, one lift-- this was the best fucking night of ashton's life and his eardrums were screaming but he didn't fucking care — his blood was humming and his cheeks were flushed.
but then somebody stumbled into him and he heard an 'i'm sorry!' muffled by the music and he turned, a boy with fire red hair meeting his eyes and a light smirk fell on his face 'don't worry about it.' and the red haired boy blushed and smiled a little.
so ashton grinned and leaned down to his ear, his breath brushing his neck and the boy shivered
''m ashton.'
the boy blushed and looked down, harry next to him smirking and nudging him with his elbow and ashton looked at his eyes, seeing small specks of yellow in them
that's how close they were
'michael.' he mumbled, his lips curling and ashton smiled at him
'cute.'

luke was smirking at ashton who was gently swaying the boy in his arms when i miss you came on because ashton hadn't had anybody in a romantic way since high school, and seeing him interacting with someone in this way, it was interesting and exciting.
michael felt the same.
he had never felt this way about anyone before, and he had met ashton a little bit more than an hour ago.
it was like he knew him, the way his hands fit perfectly around michael's waist, and he felt a sense of home in his palms.
'i don't know what it is with you.' michael whispered when ashton laid his forehead on michael's and ashton hummed in a questioning tone. 'i feel like 've known you for years.' he whispered
'me too.'
'd'ya believe in--'
'love in first sight?'
michael grinned and nodded and ashton smiled gently 'well, it must be this, no?'
'i want to think so..' he whispered and the song ended and everyone cheered but they didn't, just stopped swaying and looked at each other's eyes.
'can i kiss you?' michael asked him and ashton didn't answer, just leaned forward and sealed his mouth over his softly, feeling michael's hum into his mouth and he shivered a bit, toes curling as his thumb found his ear and his fingers curled around the back of his neck, angling his face up.
then michael pulled away for air and ashton's hand slid forward to cup his cheek and his thumb traced his lips 'where're you from again?' he asked breathlessly, lips brushing the skin on ashton's thumb.
'sydney.'
'oh thank fuck me too.' michael whispered and kissed him again, this time his tongue lapping in his mouth and ashton moaned. 'let's get out of here?' he mumbled and ashton nodded vigorously but then whispered 'i do want more out of this than a one nighter, though.'
'me too.' he whispered and ashton picked him up, michael giggling into his lips and once ashton turned around luke was already rolling his eyes 'you two have fun.' he laughed 'but you aren't taking my car.'
'we'll take mine.' michael giggled, kissing his jaw and ashton sent luke a thankful smile, walking away and luke grinned — he hoped that this would happen.

so michael's skin was soft and ashton's voice was rough but the contrast was so smooth and fitting and when they were both spent and ashton pulled michael to his chest, he hummed into his hair and kissed his forehead gently and michael nuzzled into his warmth.
'can we go on a date tomorrow?' michael mumbled and ashton grinned.
'yes we can.'
'mm, okay.'
'goodnight, darling.'
'goodnight.'
it was quiet
'oh, and ashton?'
'mm?' he cracked an eye open
'i really like you.'
'i really like you too.'
'okay.'

ashton didn't think he would get married to the boy he fell in love and hooked up with after a blink-182 concert.
but apparently ashton didn't think correctly.