Khalil 91

I stopped myself from swinging, every cell in my body was telling to beat the fuck outta him but I knew in my heart that it wouldn't solve anything. If I killed him then that was bringing on a lot more problems for me and my family and if I just beat his ass then I would still run the risk of getting arrested and suspended........ either way was a lose/lose for me. I back away from Vic and picked my phone up off the ground, while Vic stood there waiting for me to react but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction. After making sure I had all my stuff I walked out the door making sure he wasn't following me, maybe I was getting old because the old Khalil would've been beating his ass until I was sure he couldn't move or maybe it was the fact that now that I had a family and know nothing was more important than them. When I got down to the lobby Devin and Cam were waiting for me, they had strict instructions to come find me if I wasn't back in twenty minutes. I walked over to them and we started to leave I knew them both well enough to know what they were thinking, they wanted to know what I did with Vic but I also knew most people wouldn't understand my reasons for letting him go...... we walked out to the car when I heard loud footsteps getting closer and closer all my years of playing football taught me to have sharp reflexes I turn just as Vic tried to swing on me and was able do dodge it.

"You must wanna get your ass whooped." I said looking at him, Devin and Cam moved at the same time but I stopped them from jumping in.... if Vic wanted to fight that badly then it was my fight not there's. Quicker than a bolt of lightning I punched Vic three times in the face, I wasn't trying to knock him out, that would be too easy I wanted to punish him.

"PUSSY!" Vic yelled and tried to swing again but he was starting to get sloppy, he was letting his anger get the best of him so that effected to judgment. He kept swinging and swinging but never once connecting but I was landing all my hits anywhere I could reach, his body, his head, anywhere. We managed to fight all the way to the street and Vic still hadn't hit me his face was bloody and his lip was swollen, but he wouldn't stop; I noticed the small crowd forming like always most of them had their phones out recording.

"Vic just stop you can't beat me, just let this go." I said calmly, Vic looked down then charged at me and we were fighting again. Before long I had Vic on the ground beating his ass without remorse my hands were bleeding from punching Vic so many times, it got so bad that Devin and Cam had to pull me off of him to stop me from beating him to death.

"Khalil stop........" Cam said quietly as they pulled me back, I looked back at Vic laid out on the ground and didn't feel bad in fact it pissed me off even more that he was that weak. I let them pull me away some ignoring the crowd of people and we were almost to the car when someone yelled 'watch out' I turned just in time to see Vic running towards me with something in his hand. After that everything happened so quickly...... fuck I don't know one second we were both standing up fighting over the object in his hand and the next we were on the ground and Vic had a knife sticking out from the front of his chest, my hand drenched in blood...........

The next few hours were a blur, I had to go down to the police station to fill out a report and even though there were many witnesses that said it was self-defense, I still felt bad. I never wanted Vic to die, even after everything that he's put me and my family through I still......... this was something I was going to have to carry with me for the rest of my life Vic was dead because of me, even if he did stabbed himself by accident. Zyshaun showed up with his lawyers, which was unnecessary because the police weren't charging me with anything, as for Iman well he broke down as soon as he got to the police station trying to put the blame on Vic. The weeks following were a blur as well, I kept expecting SWAT to show up at my door to take me away from Marcus and Noah but it never happened, but I still needed to get away from everything. I talked to the coach and owner of my team and they let me take a leave of absence to get myself together, Marcus and I decided to move out of the old house and got a place a little bigger mostly for Noah though because I never wanted him to go back to that place hell I didn't even want to go back there.

"Khalil are you alright?" Marcus asked sitting next to me, I looked at him and found some peace but not like I use to.

"Marcus do you think I'm a murderer?" I asked looking at the wall.

"Baby listen to me what happened to Vic wasn't your fault. Vic was crazy..... albeit a fucking evil genius but still crazy and for all his intelligence he couldn't control his emotions. If he hadn't of followed you out there y'all wouldn't have fought and he'd probably still be alive. Everything that's happened to us is HIS fault Khalil not yours." Marcus said making me look in his eyes.

"I could've went about it differently though...... I should've just walked away." I said sadly, next thing I knew I was getting smacked hard across the face. "WHAT THE FUCK MARCUS?!?!" I yelled holding my face.

"I'm only going to say this once and I'm done with the whole situation..... FUCK VIC! LOOK AT EVERYTHING HE'S DONE, LOOK AT EVERYTHING HE TRIED TO DO! I GAVE YOU WEEKS TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOURSELF BUT I'M STARTING TO THINK YOU FEEL BAD FOR HIM!" Marcus yelled jumping up.

"FOR HIM?! MARCUS I FUCKIN HATE HIM BUT I NEVER WANTED HIM TO DIE AND I'M THE REASON HE'S DEAD!" I yelled back.

"NO HE'S DEAD BECAUSE HIS DUMB ASS DECIDED TO HOLD THE KNIFE CLOSE TO HIS BODY, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I'M OVER IT AND HONESTLY I'M KINDA GLAD HE'S DEAD BECAUSE HE WOULD'VE NEVER STOPPED TRYING TO RUIN OUR LIVES! HELL EVEN NOW WE'RE STILL ARGUING ABOUT HIM!" Marcus said walking away, I got up and grabbed him pinning him against the wall.

"Quit yelling at me." I said looking into his eyes. "You don't think I know what Vic did? But you're right I need to let this go....... I don't ever want to bring him up again if it means us arguing." I said quietly.

"You promise?" Marcus asked never breaking eye contact.

"I promise....." I said leaning forward to kiss him when the door flung opened and my brothers walked in with Noah in tow.

"I swear y'all are like a some horny teenagers." Cam said shaking his head at me and Marcus. I completely ignored them and turned to kiss Marcus but he managed to get away from me, at least for now. "Umm do you want us to take Noah out again so y'all can finish doing whatever it is y'all were doing." Cam asked.

"Nah it's coo.... Noah go put your stuff in your room." I said looking at my son. Noah walked away leaving me with my brothers.

"So how have you been holding up big bro?" Devin asked sitting next to me on the couch.

"I was having a hard time but after talking to Marcus I realized maybe it was time for me to start trying to move forward, I can't change what happened but I can't let it control me either. So what about y'all? How are y'all holding up?" I asked.

"Probably better than you I'm glad it happened now we down have to worry about Vic, Iman, or Sa'vion anymore maybe now we can finally get some peace." Devin said leaning back and putting his hands behind his head. I looked at him and smiled he was right after everything we all have been through I think we deserved some peace.............