Kabanata 29: Premonition

"My memories. Why?"

Tinitigan ko silang mabuti. This is it. The answer that I've been waiting for.

My dad sighed first before speaking.

"The council wants you, Althea."

I gasped when I heard him. Alam kong gusto akong makuha ng council. Gusto kong magsalita pero pinigilan ko ang sarili ko. Nais kong sila mismo ang magkumpirma nito sa akin.

"They know your capabilities. Bata ka pa lang ay nakitaan ka na nang kakaibang kakayahan. Compare sa mga kaibigan mo, you are incredibly different and powerful," he paused then looked at my mom. "Then your mom, have a premonition."

Agad akong natigilan at napabaling kay mommy. A what? Is that her special ability? A premonition?

"It was so uncertain for me to have a premonition of you, Althea. Pero that time, I know na mangyayari iyon, anak," my mom said.

"What premonition, mom? Please, tell me," I pleaded. I need to know everything. It's now or never.

"The council. They will used you against a rebel guild of the Tereshle. They will used you to stop and destroy them. And .." napatigil si mommy sa sinasabi niya. Frustration filled me. God! Continue talking mom!

"And...," pumikit ito at umiling. "...you died."

I froze. No... way.

Ako? Mamamatay? I shivered because of what I have heard. There's no freaking way I'll die!

"I was scared. My premonition ability was a hundred percent accurate, Althea. We don't want to lose you. We don't want the council to have you that's why we did everything to protect you, Sophia!"

Napapikit ako sa sinabi ng ina ko. Not that name, mom.

"Mom, stop calling me Sophia," I looked at her. "It's Althea, mom. Sophia is long gone."

Napaiyak na naman si mommy dahil sa sinabi ko.

I sighed again.

"Dad, mom. Alam niyo ba ang hirap na dinanas ko? My ten years was a lie. I feel so betrayed. Unwanted."

"No! Please, don't say that, baby. Hindi yun ang gusto naming iparating sayo. Kaya nga sila Carlos ang pinabantay namin sa'yo. We know that they will take care of you," agap agad ni Dad. I know. I know. They did that for me. For my safety. And Lolo Carlos really did took care of me. But still, I just can't accept it!

"Hindi ba ako safe kung nasa puder niyo ako?" I asked them. I badly want to know their side! I don't like this feeling. Ayaw kong magtampo o magalit sa mga magulang ko kaya naman ay gusto kong marinig ang mga rason nila!

"The council has an eye for you. We know that when the right time comes, they will do everything to have you. That was our only choice, Althea. That was our only hope," paliwanag ni daddy. Yumuko ito at napailing.

"But you lost your daughter because of that, " mahinang sambit ko. Naramdaman ko na naman ang sakit sa mga nangyari. I took a deep breathe and calm my self. Mabilis kong pinigilan ang mga luhang nais kumawala sa mga mata ko.

"Because of that you lost Sophia, dad, mom."

"But we still have you. You're still our Sophia!" sambit ni mommy na siyang ikinailing ko.

"No, mom. I'm no longer Sophia. For ten years, I've been living as Althea Magnus. For ten years, I hated my unknown parents for some unknown reasons and mostly, I've builded walls around me. And that's not Sophia Stone! Ibang-iba ako kay Sophia, mom! She's not me."