Imagine #12

(For Lucy)

Ugh....another wild, long day. Being a mechanic at the resistance base was never easy. It was either always full of 'Hey can you fix..' and 'hey I need this done by...', or you had nothing to work on at all. That was my life...in and out, down and up, over and under. As I was deep in my thoughts about work, I heard the roar of X-Wing making its careful landing.
I always wondered what it would be like to sit in front of the wheel of a Starfighter....the freedom and excitement of flying in the air.
I knew dreams like that were for suckers...especially coming from a mechanic.
I walked outside to check out the fighter, and that's when I saw him. Poe Dameron, the hottest, high-flying pilot in the entire Resistance.....at least to me, he was. I've always had the biggest crush on Poe since he helped me with the fighter that I fixed a week ago. But to be honest, I don't think a pilot like him could ever like a simple mechanic, like me.
I walked back inside and over to the mess hall to do some writing in my journal. Finding a good spot, I plopped down in a seat and let Under Pressure by David Bowie blast through my headphones.
" 'sup Buttercup?" I looked to see that Poe had parked in the seat right in front of me...okay, stay cool, Lucy.
"Nothing much, what's up with you...Blow Pop?" Oh my gosh! So not cool, Lucy! Blow Pop?! You're lucky he laughed!
"Ahhhh nothing," he chuckled. "Whatcha got playin' there?"
"Oh, David Bowie." I blushed.
"You're joking..." He said, staring at me.
"Okay, look I know not many people may like him and think he's "too old" or whatever, I'll have you know that he was an AMAZING performer and I absolutely lo--"
"Whoa, whoa! Hold it down a bit, I wasn't criticizing, all I was gonna say was that I actually happen to LOVE David Bowie, myself." He was cracking up at this point...I was pretty sure my face was red as a crimson rose by now.
"Gee, I'm sorry, Poe, I didn't mean to rant on you like that I just was..." I looked down to see that his hand was on mine.
"Hey it's alright, Luce, I didn't take it too hard either," He laughed. "I actually thought it was...kinda cute."
"Really?" I was surprised on the outside, but trust me, I was screaming on the inside.
"Wanna...take a walk outside?"
"Sure!" I smiled. We stood up and he took my hand like before and we walked outside, slowly but surely bonding, over David Bowie;)
--------------------------------------------------------
Sorry it took so long, QueenBitchPhasma !!!
Hope it was what you wanted! I've lost a LOT of inspiration this past month, and I've started a new book so I hope you like it!