Chapter 2

The car ride was mostly silent, with only the soft sound of violins playing on the radio. The small child in the backseat seemed to enjoy it though as she listened intently to the music. It was different to the music her mother played but she liked the peaceful feeling that consumed her as she listened to the soft and slow rhythm.

The closer they got to the house the more nervous Savannah got. She didn't know where she was going or who she was meeting. Nor did she really know the men that were driving her there. She felt rather silly now for agreeing to go- she would get into all sorts of trouble if her mother found out.

Dr Green happened to notice this as he looked over his shoulder at her. He understood her reasoning though- if he was in her position he would have either tried to jump out of the car or peed his pants by now.

"At the house- there are going to be seven other guys there, okay sunshine? There's Kota- he's really smart and very good at maths and science. There's Victor who plays the piano really well. You'll love him. Then there's also Luke who is very playful and loves chocolate- you two will get on great. Gabe loves hair, fashion and can be quite demanding at times so just bear with him alright? There's Silas- who's Greek and extremely tall but he's a teddy bear, don't tell him I said that though. There's North who is extremely broody, always wears black and is very intimidating but he would never hurt you. And then there's Nathan who's house is the one we're going to. He likes sport and movies. So basically, what I'm trying to say is that you have nothing to be afraid of. We're all good people here, I promise," said Doc as they pulled up outside of Nathan's house.

Savannah nodded her head vigorously as Mr. Blackbourne smoothly climbed out of the car, before walking around the front and opening her door. Savannah used both hands to unlock her seatbelt before she slid out of the car, moving out of the way so Mr. B could close the door behind her.
Once out of the car, Savannah followed closely behind Dr.Green, who rang the doorbell before waiting patiently for someone to answer.

"I have a key but I hate walking into rooms without giving the people inside at least a little warning," said Doc as he tapped his foot to an unknown rhythm that was inside his head.
Not a second later the door opened, revealing a teenage boy about 16 years old.

"Good morning Nathan- have the others arrived yet? Sorry we're late, we had to get this little one a booster seat," said Sean as he gestured towards Savannah who stood next to him.

Nathan peered down at the small girl in front of him, curious as to why she was there. She was probably the reason for the family meeting.

"Yeah, everyone else is here," said Nate as he opened the door wider, allowing the child to step inside, quickly followed by Doc and Owen.

"Good morning Mr. Griffin," said Mr. Blackbourne as he waited for Nathan to close the door behind him.
Nathan lead the way to his living room, passing Dr.Green and the girl as he went.

Inside sat a group of six boys all at various stages of being awake. Some, like the boy with glasses similar to Mr. Blackbourne's, sat comfortably on the sofa, eyes keen and watching the new arrivals. Others, like the boy dressed in black- which Savannah assumed was North- were resting their chins in their hands and snoozing. Savannah wasn't feeling particularly tired herself, but she wasn't allowed to bother her mother anytime before 10am and the current time was only around 7. Her mother was always extra grumpy in the mornings, so she had learnt to stay away.

"Hey doc-what's up? Why are we having a meeting?" Asked a blonde haired boy, as he grinned happily, not noticing the small girl who stood behind Sean.