Chapter 5

It was day two of Savannah's cold and it seemed to be passing quickly. The medicine was working, along with the over coddling of North she was recovering well. Kota however had had some concerns. She caught a cold from being on the street over night. But they didn't know how many times she had stayed overnight because her mother was partying. They didn't know if she had had vaccinations for diseases or if she had, worst case scenario, caught something.

"Come on poppet you need to wake up and eat some breakfast," Savannah woke up to see doc's face hovering over hers, Luke was making funny faces in her peripheral vision. This caused the young girl to start giggling or at least that is until she started coughing abruptly.

"Damnit Luke don't make her laugh like that," growled North as he sat her up and started to rub her back soothingly. North had joined Savannah in Nathan's bed last night, along with Nathan who slept on her right. North was still lying beside her, his bare chest was Savannah's pillow. Kota sat down next to North, looking at Savannah intently.

"Come on sweet pea- why don't you come and eat some breakfast with us?" He asked as he offered her his hand. She reached out to take it, using him as a support to stand up. Just as she was about to follow Kota out of the door, she turned back, running and jumping onto the bed grabbing ahold of her teddy bear and making her way back over to Kota, taking hold of his hand one again. The boy smiled down at her, glad that she was willing to eat and also secretly happy that she had returned to hold his hand.

Kota led her into the kitchen where there was a large stack of bacon, eggs and toast on the stove. Victor helped Nathan dish up a plate for Savannah allowing her first picks on the food. Once everyone was seated Savannah picked up her fork, starting on her meal.

"Where did Mr. Blackbourne go?" She asked when she noticed the missing person.

"He had to go and do some work but he'll be back later poppet- we have a couple of things we need to do today anyway," said doc as he smiled at her, stuffing a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"Alright cupcake, what do you think about choc chip pancakes?" Asked Luke as he leant forwards on his elbows, waiting excitedly for her reply.

"She isn't eating that shit Luke so stop asking," said North gruffly as he ate some of his eggs, glaring across the table at his blonde brother.

"North that's a bad word!" Gasped Savannah as she stared wide eyed at him.

"Yeah North- that's a bad word!" Exclaimed Gabriel, as he slapped his hands against his cheeks in mock astonishment. This made Savannah start giggling again finding North's angry expression hilarious. North rolled his eyes but gave a small smile in her direction, finding it difficult to stay angry when all he could hear was her giggles. Once Savannah stopped laughing, Dr. Green turned towards her, trying to figure out how he could say what he wanted to.

"Alright Savannah, you're going to come to work with me today okay? We want to just do some check ups and make sure you didn't catch anything too nasty whilst you were in that dirty alley," he said, hoping she didn't have a fear of hospitals or something.

Savannah nodded her head, sliding herself out of her chair and taking ahold of her cuddly toy that had been on her lap whilst she was eating. She ran into Nathan's bedroom again, picking up the plastic bag that held the clothes she wore the day before and changing back into them. She rushed into the bathroom, reaching up onto her tip toes to grab the hair brush that was on the counter, carrying it with her as she ran back into the kitchen, finding Gabriel pushing his empty plate into the middle of the table. The rest of the guys were putting away their plates, washing up or stacking dishes, Silas was still eating. She ran up to Gabe's chair, tapping him on his leg to get his attention. When he turned around he saw Savannah holding up the hair brush towards him- a hopeful look spread across her face. He grinned down at her picking her up and placing her onto his lap. "You want me to brush your hair monster?" He asked her, watching as she nodded enthusiastically, sniffling and rubbing her nose slightly after she had finished.