Chapter 7

It was later that evening and Savannah was around Doc's house. Gabriel, Victor and Mr. Blackbourne were the only others inside the building as Dr. Green was still working at the hospital.
Savannah had just brushed her teeth, and was leaving the bathroom to find where she would be sleeping, when Victor rounded the corner. He smiled at the small girl and offered her his hand, as he lead her to Doc's bedroom. He didn't say a word... Just gestured for the sleepy child to get into the bed. Once under the covers, she looked at Victor, her unnamed bear still in her grasp. He smiled at her and gently kissed her on the forehead before walking to the light switch and turning it off. He then proceeded to sneak out of the room, quietly shutting the door behind him.

Savannah quickly fell asleep, her grip on her bear loosening as she drifted into her dreams. But they weren't peaceful ones. She dreamt of her old house, sleeping in her own bed, but a long arm, with yellow skin stretched thinly across its bones. The hand reached towards her, it's thin yellowing fingers bending as it tried to grapple at her.
Savannah woke with a start, just as the hand wrapped around her arm. She screamed and clambered off of the bed, tears starting to fall from her face as she thought back to the dream. She grabbed ahold of her bear which had fallen from her hands as she slept, and clutched it tight as she tentatively crouched down beside the bed, looking closely underneath it and trying to reassure herself that it was just a dream. But under the bed wasn't anything reassuring. Something coincidentally shaped like a hand was laying under the bed between  a couple of boxes.
Savannah's eyes widened and she pushed herself away from the bed, letting loose a high pitched scream as she did. She ran towards the door not looking back, her bear in her hands.

Mr Blackbourne was just getting dressed for bed, the time being around 10:45, but he was interrupted from slipping in between the sheets, by the sound of a child screaming. Savannah. That was his only thought as he swiftly  pulled open the guest bedroom door and quickly made his way down the hall.

But before he could enter Savannah's room the small child had ran into him, her entire body shaking as she sobbed, her hands clutching desperately at Owen's pyjama bottom legs, in an attempt to find a good source of comfort. Owen was startled and an expression of panic flickered across his face.

"Miss Savannah... Savannah- what's wrong? You need to tell me what's wrong," said Owen, a hint of command slipping into his tone, as he crouched down, hesitatingly wiping away her tears.

Savannah threw her arms around his neck, her bear dropping from her hands as she did so- she didn't seem to notice however, as she was too occupied with the comfort she was receiving from Mr. Blackbourne.

"There's a...a hand under the b-bed," she said breathily as she gasped for air between her sobs. Her entire body shook, as her tiny fingers gripped tighter to Owen's collar. The usually well composed man, breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that there wasn't an intruder or someone with similar intentions.

"Shhh Savannah, come- I shall prove to you that there isn't a hand under the bed," he said calmly as he tried to stand but she refused to loosen her grip from around his neck. Owen sighed and slipped one of his arms around her waist, picking her up and resting her on his hip. He then proceeded to lead her down the hallway, giving a small shake of his head to Gabriel who had poked his head into the hallway to see what was happening. Gabe frowned at the sight of Savannah crying for the second time that day, but did not intervene, knowing that Mr. Blackbourne could handle the situation well enough.

Owen opened the bedroom door and turned on the light, placing the girl's feet onto the ground before heading towards the bed, peeking under it and grabbing the so called 'hand'. The item that had scared Savannah so much was one of Dr.Green's old stethoscopes which had been bent into a strange shape.
Mr Blackbourne held it up and showed it to Savannah, who frowned after she realised that it wasn't anything to be actually frightened of.
Owen nodded towards the bed- gesturing for her to get back in it now that she seemed to have calmed down. Savannah did as she was told, and waited as Mr. Blackbourne left before quickly returning with her teddy bear. He placed it within arms reach and gave her his millimetre smile before saying his good nights and leaving the room.

But by then Savannah was unable to get back to sleep, her dream having shaken her so much.
"It's alright Mr teddy bear, it's not scary," she said quietly to her toy as she clutched it tighter. After what seemed like hours but was probably only a few minutes, Savannah climbed out of the bed again, and made her way towards the living room, where the light had been recently turned on. Inside sat Gabriel and Victor, both with blankets laid out on the floor. She made her way towards them, halting their conversation as they noticed her presence.
"What's wrong Savannah?" Asked Victor, concern seeping into his voice as he saw her clutching the new bear that was yet to be named.
"My teddy got scared and- and he wanted to come in here and see if he could stay with you- of course I can't be anywhere without teddy so I would have to stay as well but..." She trailed off, looking at her feet as she shuffled around awkwardly.

Victor glanced over at Gabriel before he turned back to the girl. He smiled at her and made space for her to join him under his covers.
"Of course, we can't have your new bear being scared now can we?" He said, smiling as she instantly made her way forwards, and snuggled under the blanket and into his chest, her bear pressed tightly between them. After a couple minutes of silence, Gabriel having turned off the lights, Victor said one last thing.

"I think I have an idea as to what you should call your bear," said Victor as he ran a hand threw the child's hair. Savannah peered up at him and waited for him to continue.

"Brave. You should call it brave. That way when you don't have enough courage to say what you want to, you can borrow some from your bear," he said as he played with a small strand of her hair.
"Brave. I like that," she said quietly as she looked down at the bear between them.
"Thank you Victor," She said softly, smiling up at him through the darkness.

"You're welcome Savannah," he replied quietly, watching as she drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

Hey everyone... I'm so sorry I don't update yesterday. Ad I know I said that this chapter would be with her and Gabe going shopping but I had this idea and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I promise the next chap is with Gabe and the mall!!! Promise!! Hope you like it please vote and comment and tell your other academy friends :)
P.s I know it's short but like I said, I've got a really busy week... chapters will be back to normal by Tuesday at the latest. Thanks again birdies :)