Chapter 17

Two hours later, pillows and blankets were strewn across the room, with a fort built from the end of Victor's bed and down to the floor. Torch lights were shining through the fabric that were the 'walls' and giggles were heard from within. That's all that Kota saw, when he entered the room to take savannah home. He raised his eyebrow as he saw the blankets move and heard the distinct sound of Luke and savannah's giggle. Kota stepped forwards and lifted up the flap so that he could see inside.

Savannah squealed loudly as she turned around in Luke's lap to see who entered and grinned as she saw Kota's head peak in. She stood up and grabbed ahold of his hand, pulling him into the fort. He looked around at the lit 'room', with pillows, toys and blankets placed in a strategic, yet comfortable position.

"I would love to play Sav, but we need to get you home- Doc's missing you," said Kota as he crouched in front of her, trying not to hit his head on the top of the blanket roof.

Kota watched as a flicker of emotions spread across savannah's face. She seemed surprised that someone actually missed her, and then sad that Kota couldn't play but then her expression turned back to happiness and stayed like that.

"Alright," she said as she crawled out of Luke's arms and allowed Kota to help her out.

They exited the house, giving hugs to everyone who remained, as Kota slipped her coat onto her shoulders and picked up her rucksack and slung it over his shoulder. They exited the house, Silas and North following behind.

The journey back to the condo was short, as they pulled up in front of a the rose bush garden. Silas helped her undo her seatbelt and hop out, allowing her to tug him to the door. North opened the door and guided her down the hall, the only sound being their footsteps.

"Where is everyone?" questioned savannah as she peeked into each of the rooms they passed in search of the doctor and the rest of their family. They turned into her room, to see the guys who had stayed behind, standing in a line- each with large grins on their faces.

"Surprise!" Called Sean as they moved out of the way to reveal her once plain white wardrobe door. Now it was intricately painted with a picture from tangled.

Savannah screamed excitedly as she ran towards the door to get a closer look. Stopping in front, she reached towards it in a state of awe, her fingers almost touching it when Gabe rushed forwards and took ahold of her hand.

"I wouldn't touch it just yet monster- it's still a little wet," he said.

"did you do this?" She asked him, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly open in an expression of surprise and awe.

"Yep, and its fucking awesome!" He replied, grinning, his eyes twinkling with pride and excitement.

"I love it!! Thank you," she said,
Jumping up and wrapping her arms around him. He grinned and swung her around, ignoring the slight ache in his neck from sitting in such an odd angle whilst painting.

"That's alright monster...," Gabe paused as he made eye contact with Luke who nodded his head and then turned to Sean. They spoke in hushed voices for a moment before walking out of the room, Luke sending a quick wink over his shoulder.

"Okay, so I know that you made a card for doc's birthday- so we were wondering if there was anything specific you wanted to get him as a present?" Gabe asked.

Savannah stood for a moment thinking before finally making a decision.

"Could we just go to a store- so I can look please?" She asked.

"Sure thing monster, come on- I'll say you want some more glitter since it looks like you and North are wearing most of it," said Gabe as he hiked Sav higher on his hip and walked towards the door, speeding up slightly as he dodged Norths attempts to hit him.