Chapter 9

Savannah was still sitting on the floor in Dr. Green's living room, playing with her new action figures. One by one the rest of the guys arrived at the condo, Luke coming in and swooping down to give the small girl a hug. He patted her on the head before leaving her and finding the rest of the guys in Doc's kitchen.

"What's wrong? How did the the trip go?" Asked Luke as he wondered why a family meeting was being held.

"It went well- Other than the fact that she asked for her mum," said Gabe as he sat down on a stool.

"We need to tell her before she finds out for herself and then no longer trusts us," said Nathan as he frowned.

"We still haven't made a group decision on whether we're adopting her or not," said Victor as he looked around the room and waited for some one to disagree and say that having a child with them is impractical.

After seeing no one deny wanting her to stay, Mr. Blackbourne raised an eyebrow. He had been expecting at least one person to ask questions.

"Where will she be staying?" Asked Kota as he began planning out what was needed.

"Here. I will be her legal guardian in the public's eye," said Doc as he grinned excitedly, looking forward to having the sweet girl in his care and seeing her everyday.

"We would have to redecorate the spare room for her then," added Gabe thoughtfully.

"How will we tell her?" Said Luke as his eyes scanned the group, hoping that someone had an idea.

"Tell me what?" Asked a small voice from the doorway, where Savannah now stood, holding her action figure limply in her hand.

"Pookie- come over here for a bit, I need to talk to you," said Sean as he gestured her forwards.

"What is it?" She asked in confusion as she looked around at all of the solemn faces.

"Do you not want me here anymore?" She asked before Dr. Green could answer. Sean's gaze flickered towards the others and Savannah's eyes got watery at the idea of losing her new friends.

"No we don't want you to leave. Quite the opposite actually. We want you to stay with us, I want you to live with me." Said Sean as he knelt down in front of her and took ahold of her arms. Savannah's face lit up as she threw her arms around Dr. Green's neck in pure joy. But not a minute later she released him from her embrace and took a step back.

"... My mummy..." She said in sadness.

"The thing is sweetie- your mummy can't look after you anymore...see she's gone a way for a while," said Sean, as he felt his heart break for the small child as he watched her eyes fill with tears and slowly start to slide down her cheeks.

"Where did she go?"she asked, her voice wavering slightly.

"Well..." Said doc unsurely as he looked to the others for help, but it apparently wasn't needed because the girl Continued with another question.

"Is she in heaven?" Savannah asked as she stared numbly at a blank spot on the ground, tears continuously falling from her eyes. Doc nodded his head, hating the fact that she has to know such nag grief. Savannah wiped her eyes, her lower lip wobbling as she held back her tears.