Chapter 11

After the boys had finally prepared themselves by eating, changing and helping Savannah get dressed, they made their way into the spare room. Kota pulled out a small notebook with a list of things that had to be done, from re-painting to assembling furniture.

"Okay, Silas, North and Victor you start taking apart the bed frame. Doc, Mr. Blakbourne, would you be able to sort through those drawers to see what you need/ want to keep? Gabe and Savannah you guys take the pillows and duvet, along with the other smaller items and put them into the living room okay?"at everyone's nods, Kota left the room, giving Luke a nod in a 'follow me' gesture.

Savannah pulled Gabe's hand and lead him towards the recently made bed. She sent a quick apologetic look to Owen which consisted of a slight pout and puppy dog eyes that did nothing to cover the excited smile that was tugging at the corners of her lips; before she dived onto the bed in a fit of giggles. Gabe rolled his eyes and smirked slightly, before following her lead and also jumping. The others all turned around to watch, smiling at the sight of them as they ripped the blankets away and threw them on the floor, untangling their legs before doing so. Once all of the pillows had been hazardously thrown onto the floor (Gabe having 'accidentally' hit Savannah round the back of the head with one) they both stood up and grabbed the blankets in their arms and left the room, Savannah waddling slightly as she desperately tried to see over the giant pile of cushions that obscured her sight. Once in the living room, they dropped their armload onto the couch, amongst the other blankets that had been used the night before. They then made their way back into the bedroom to remove the other, smaller items, from inside. Gabriel picked up a lamp, whilst Savannah took a small pot of pens and pencils from on top of the set of drawers. This process was repeated until not one small object was in sight and the rest of the guys had managed to dismantle any pieces of furniture possible.
Savannah tried her best to stay out of the way as she watched in awe of the boys- who worked efficiently when carrying out the large pieces of furniture. They were like a well oiled machine, and took half the length of time that Savannah had been expecting. Just as North and Silas carried out the set of drawers that doc and Mr. B had been sorting, the front door opened and in walked Luke and Kota, large pots of lilac paint tucked under their arms. Gabriel had helped her choose what colour she wanted the night before from an online catalogue, unfortunately they did not offer next day delivery so they had to go out and buy it.

"Everything done?" Asked Kota, surprise seeping into his voice as he had underestimated their time efficiency. He had been expecting Savannah to have unintentionally gotten in the way or to distract them from their job, but apparently that was not the case.

Kota handed his can over to Gabriel who quickly developed a serious expression and left the room, heading for the one that was under construction. Immediately, he started painting, getting the rest of the guys to help. Even Savannah grabbed a paintbrush and helped to redecorate the wall, giggling every time a bit of the purple coloured paint flicked onto her cheek. She sat cross-legged with Sean standing next to her and Silas on his other side painting the parts that were out of reach. Sean noticed her small chuckles as she entertained herself and couldn't help the peaceful smile that spread across his face. He could get used to this. The light hearted sound of Savannah's laughter. Any doubt of keeping her was swept away, and he knew that he wanted her as his child. His daughter.

Slowly two hours went buy, before the entire room had been successfully painted. By that time, Savannah had gotten bored and decided to 'help' North get some drinks for everyone. Just as they had finished making some cold lemonade for everyone- the doorbell rung. Dr.Green walked towards the door, sending a quick wink to Savannah as he went. He pulled open the door and came face to face with a slightly over weight delivery guy.